Wiki Posts
Search

LHR parking - Depart and arrive different terminals

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2017, 1:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton/Diamond, BA/Gold
LHR parking - Depart and arrive different terminals

I'm doing a multi city business trip covering multiple European countries. I depart from LHR T2 and arrive back into LHR T5.

Are there any options for parking meaning I don't have a huge trek either arriving or departing I can use (hotels etc?)
Old Oct 2, 2017, 2:01 pm

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by andrewr1985
Are there any options for parking meaning I don't have a huge trek either arriving or departing I can use (hotels etc?)
What about parking close to one terminal and taking the tube (given that it's free with an oyster/contactless card).
Old Oct 2, 2017, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Personally I would park near my arrival point, not departure, since that's when I'm most anxious to get going.
dj_jay_smith likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by andrewr1985
I'm doing a multi city business trip covering multiple European countries. I depart from LHR T2 and arrive back into LHR T5.

The parking compounds for T5 Long Stay and T2&3 Business Parking are next to each other (see the interactive 'Heathrow Hubmap')

It used to be the case that there was a gap between the fence of these two so you could easily walk from one to the other. It's still possible to walk between them but not in quite such a straightforward manner, as to get between them you have to walk via the vehicle entrance/exit barriers of each compound.

Anyway you could park in the T5 Long Stay car park, walk round to the T2&3 Business car park and catch the shuttle bus to T2. Then on return straight back from T5. As it's Long Stay, the T5 car park should be cheaper too.

Else do as stut once suggested and park in Hatton Cross tube station car park (often seems to be spaces), or for a cheaper option the Hounslow West tube station car park, and get the tube to and from the relevant terminal.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 2:43 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
Originally Posted by Mizter T
Else do as stut once suggested and park in Hatton Cross tube station car park (often seems to be spaces), or for a cheaper option the Hounslow West tube station car park, and get the tube to and from the relevant terminal.
I can't claim credit for this wheeze, but it has worked well for me in the past! Just note that there is a market in Hounslow West car park on a Saturday morning, so make sure you're parked in the right part if you're going over the weekend.

Another cheap stay available at the moment (again, I can't claim credit for this) is to use the T5 Premier Inn car park, which is available through justpark.com. The 7 bus (from Slough) links it to the CTA for T2 every 10 minutes, while the 7, 350 and 441 go from T5. All for free. Alternatively, you can take the pods from T5, walk down the passageway to the Thistle hotel, pay £5, then just walk out the hotel and over the road to the PI.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 6:01 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
Pretty much any of the meet&greet services will take your car from you at one terminal and drop it back to another. I use a small operator middlesexparking.co.uk but if you prefer a bigger name compare at gosimply.com or elsewhere and also try goodtogo parking which is actually Heathrow's own service on a discount platform (if you travel over weekend).
Old Oct 9, 2017, 5:46 am

Originally Posted by pauldb
Pretty much any of the meet&greet services will take your car from you at one terminal and drop it back to another. I use a small operator middlesexparking.co.uk but if you prefer a bigger name compare at gosimply.com or elsewhere and also try goodtogo parking which is actually Heathrow's own service on a discount platform (if you travel over weekend).
I think goodtogo parking option economically is wisable compared to getting meet/greet service.
Old May 13, 2022, 4:15 am

Programs: BA Gold
Hi - semi urgent question. I have had to move a positioning flight today from LGW to LHR. Leaving T5 today, arriving back T3. If I book either the T5 long stay or T2&3 business car parks - it is still fairly straightforward to walk between them? I have used T5 long stay a few times, I assume I just park near the exit (between D and E I think) - will I be able to just walk in/out through the barriers as below?
Thanks
Old May 13, 2022, 5:36 am

Programs: M&S Elite+
Originally Posted by danmushman
Hi - semi urgent question. I have had to move a positioning flight today from LGW to LHR. Leaving T5 today, arriving back T3. If I book either the T5 long stay or T2&3 business car parks - it is still fairly straightforward to walk between them? I have used T5 long stay a few times, I assume I just park near the exit (between D and E I think) - will I be able to just walk in/out through the barriers as below?
Thanks
If you are stuck, the off airport car parks will take you to/from any terminal in minibuses. Look for Purple Parking or Q-Park for example.
danmushman likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.