Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ocado

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2017, 9:49 am
Original Poster

Ocado

Anyone have recent experience using Ocado? I will have limited mobility for the next six weeks or so, so I'm wondering about the pros and cons.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 10:54 am

It's fine, largely does what it says on the tin. It also has an extensive own range now which is often cheaper than the Waitrose equivalents.

Is there anything in particular you're concerned about?
Old Jun 21, 2017, 10:58 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Order and they'll deliver, sometimes will offer substitutions or delivery slightly delayed but same as the other options.
What are you worried about?
Old Jun 21, 2017, 1:30 pm
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
Been using them for the last decade. They're pretty good, although I understand some others have caught up. Groceries are delivered direct from the warehouse, so shelf life and stock control are better than those that come from shops. They have delays on occasion, but let you know. They're very good at refunding you if your raspberries are squashed or your jalfrezi's burst.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 5:51 pm

Programs: A3 *G, BA Silver
Morrisons share the same infrastructure and are cheaper: they use the same software and share the warehousing space and drivers. They don't sell the Waitrose inventory, though. They are cheaper.

Either way, if you do want to open an account with either, or maybe both, post again on here as I'm sure many people will have referral codes to share.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 6:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
who do you normally shop with? Do they not have online delivery? If they do why change?

Personally I use Sainburys and not had any major problems. They have always been on time (i.e. within the booked slot) and on a few occasions they have phoned to ask if they could deliver early as they were aroud the corner.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 1:14 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the responses. I'm a bit behind the times with respect to ordering groceries for delivery - I've never done it and only considering it now out of necessity. Since I mostly shop at Waitrose maybe that is the way to go.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 2:25 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
Waitrose do deliver as well... Although Ocado are far cheaper (IME) as the non WR-branded stuff is price matched with Tesco.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 3:29 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BAEC Silver, Marriott Platinum, HH Gold
One more vote for Ocado, I used them extensively while I was based in London. Also, they often offer free trials of their premium membership, thereby waiving minimum order amounts for free delivery and other special discounts, worth a try as I remember the trial expiring automatically i.e. comfortable way of checking it out
Old Jun 23, 2017, 3:04 pm

Programs: Aadvantage Gold
I use Ocado every week. They rarely have substitutions and are reliable.

Several years ago we had a murder in our quiet residential street (an assassination actually . ). The police had the whole street cordoned off. No one in or out. The doorbell rang and there was the Ocado driver who had parked his van in an adjacent road and persuaded the police to let him through. I was very impressed. I don't know how he did it.

Last edited by Cassie55; Jun 24, 2017 at 3:10 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.