Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help pls - hotel in Newcastle

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2017, 8:46 am

Programs: IHG Platinum Elite, BA Pleb
Originally Posted by ttep
I'm a fan of a traditional old pub actually, of which i hear there are plenty there. I'm not so fussed on whether they serve IPA or not
Old man pubs? There's loads.

My favourites in town are the Crown Posada, the Bridge Hotel (it's next to the High Level Bridge and has a lovely view from the beer garden), and The Strawberry up by the football ground, complete with plenty of signs insulting Sunderland.

I actually thought hotel du vin as near a train station, that extra drive could make it a bit inconvenient given the short length of our stay.
It's a fair way from the main railway station in Newcastle, and a hefty enough walk down the hill from Manors metro station (Manors railway station, also shown on the map, has a very limited rail service). It's a lovely hotel, but if you're going there you may as well get a cab from the airport to be honest, as it would be two Metro trains from the airport. Not fun with bags. It would probably also be a cab from there into the main part of the city centre, although the Quayside area is easily enough walkable in about 15 minutes.

If you do stay there, then get yourself to the Free Trade Inn just over the road. The beer garden has the best view in the whole city.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.