Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > U.K. and Ireland
Reload this Page >

the favorable exchange rates don't seem to translate into lower hotel rates in the UK

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

the favorable exchange rates don't seem to translate into lower hotel rates in the UK

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2016, 6:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As usual Alex has an explanation: http://www.alexcartoon.com/index.cfm?cartoons_id=5264
Old Nov 30, 2016, 6:13 am

Programs: DL Silver, AA, UA, B6, WN
Originally Posted by Raffles
Nope. Luxury brands have hiked prices massively. Some Prada shoes I saw at £450 are now £530. Apple's rises are well reported.

There was a window for cheap luxury shopping but it has closed.
I was just there - while I know prices have been raised some they have not totally caught up yet and there are still deals to be had, I saved about a third off a bag accessory from Louis Vuitton over its US price (although it is just as cheap in France) and actually found a couple of things I could afford at the Burberry factory outlet. Also saw a whole lot of continental types on the shopping streets, speaking French, Spanish, Italian and Eastern European languages.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.