Airline advice for London to Dublin

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airline advice for London to Dublin

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2016, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by Mizter T
I quite agree with Oxon Flyer's sentiments. The flight is an hour and a half. In particular I'd say Gatwick is much improved these days (and it's easy to get to), and it's worth bearing in mind that Heathrow doesn't always exactly excel itself.
+1. I live pretty centrally in London and, lounges aside, generally favour Gatwick to Heathrow.
Old May 2, 2016, 4:15 am

Agree, you can get to/from Gatwick very swiftly and cheaply. I whizzed in comfort from the airport to London Bridge in 35 minutes yesterday, which gave me a very impressive 90 minutes to Canary Wharf (from touchdown at LGW, including immigration and checked bag collection).
Caveat. You need to check every Gatwick rail journey before you set off. There is major engineering virtually every weekend, which can mean changes to service patterns. Additionally, relations between train staff / unions and the train company (GoViaThameslink operate all the trains - no matter what colour or brand name is painted on the side of the train) are terrible, with various disputes underway - another possible source of disruption.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.