Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LHR to Norwich - best transit?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2015, 9:02 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
Actually, the line from Paddington to Liverpool Street is - the sub-surface lines (Circle, Hammersmith & City, Metropolitan, District) have this capability (the first three all have new trains, the District is slowly getting them), whereas the other, deep-level lines just don't have the airspace around the trains to make it work.

To be honest, though, there's only really a few weeks a year that it really needs it. This is one of them!
Old Jun 30, 2015, 9:38 am

Yes as stated above the Circle/H&C line you'll take to Liverpool St is now air conditioned, with spacious new walk-through carriages.

If you're interested in transport history, you might also be intrigued to know that this section of the Tube is considered the original and oldest underground railway line in the world:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metropolitan_Railway
Old Jun 30, 2015, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by jaxbill
Reading through the thread, I think my first two tickets (HEX, Tube) should be good for earlier times if things go well at immigration. I booked Anytime tickets in the event I need to change my schedule on the last leg.
Just to clarify, you won't need to inform anyone if you want to take a different train to Norwich - you're free to hop straight onto any train that day.

You only need to change the ticket if you want to travel on a different day, in which case you'd have to pay the £10 admin fee.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.