Wiki Posts
Search

Looking for a professional sporting event to go to

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2014, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Landry's President's Club, Marriott Silver, Awesomeness EXPLT
Originally Posted by exilencfc
I have to agree. And, much as I don't like the AFC Wimbledon lot that much, (they were very determined that I should boycott watching my team just to make a point about theirs), I have even less time for the MK Dons. As a club they represent a great many things English football shouldn't become.
MK Dons are the Brooklyn Dodgers of English Football imho. I would never step foot in Stadium MK..
Cheers
Howie
Old Oct 1, 2014, 8:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Landry's President's Club, Marriott Silver, Awesomeness EXPLT
Originally Posted by Ber2dca
The New Den still has Millwall fans in it so it's not going to be the most family-friendly ground but other than that it's a generic plastic ground put on a parking lot next to the railway. Unless you're a Millwall fan or your lot are playing Millwall there's really no particular reason to go there. The old Den at least was so derelict and notorious that going there had a certain coolness factor to it.
The Old Den sounds as hostile as the old Boston Garden was when it comes to visiting locker rooms!
Cheers
Howie
Old Oct 3, 2014, 3:11 am

Programs: BA, UA, Marriot
Originally Posted by stockmanjr
The Old Den sounds as hostile as the old Boston Garden was when it comes to visiting locker rooms!
Cheers
Howie
With all due respect, the old Garden doesn't even come close. If you hadn't experienced Millwall fans close up back in those days, it is hard to get across just how awful they were. They are slightly better these days, but just don't scratch the surface too hard.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 11:55 am

Programs: UA *G MM
Ok, Mr. Lost, what did you wind up doing? We are looking for a detailed match report.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.