Wiki Posts
Search

Serviced apartment recommendation

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2014, 4:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Air Krapistan Poop Points "Scooper Level"
Serviced apartment recommendation

My girlfriend and I are going to London for a week. I am looking for a recommendation for a serviced apartment with a king sized bed no more than 20 minutes by tube from Piccadilly. I have started looking and am a bit overwhelmed by the choices available, but have found very few with a king bed. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old Aug 9, 2014, 5:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Not sure how much luck you'll have finding places with king sized beds. Bedrooms are consistently smaller here IME. I have a very modern flat, but even full size beds don't leave much extra space.
Old Aug 10, 2014, 2:57 pm
Original Poster

I may have to settle for a queen then. Thx
Old Aug 11, 2014, 1:48 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Bed sizes and names vary a lot across the world. You'll be very unlikely to find a hotel or apartment with a US King Size bed, but you can find some with a UK King Size, which is the same as a US Queen Size.

There are also some places advertising "large double bed", such as this one. In my experience "large double" turns out to be about UK King Size, although I never yet pulled out a measuring tape to check.
Old Aug 11, 2014, 10:20 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Gold
My sister stayed with her family in one of the Dolphin Square apartments a few years ago. She said they had everything they wanted there. According to Google Maps, it's about 17 minutes by tube (Victoria line) from Picadilly.

http://www.dolphinsquare.co.uk/dolphin-square/
Old Aug 11, 2014, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

Interesting link about bed sizes, thanks. Also thanks for the recommendation for Dolphin. It has come up in my searches. It appears that London is.... how shall I say REALLY FREAKING EXPENSIVE!!! Looks like NYC prices, but in pounds. I guess I am spoiled by Vegas pricing .
Old Aug 11, 2014, 1:35 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Bonvoy Gold, SkyMiles Dirt
Try onefinestay. They have all kinds/sizes of property in London, and might have a 'big' bed. Plus some of their properties are quite nice

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.