Community
Wiki Posts
Search

picking up at TERMINAL 2

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2014, 1:58 am
Original Poster

picking up at TERMINAL 2

Would it best to pick up at departures like term5?
Is there an enforced park and pay at arrivals like term5?
Pick up time is around 1530 on a Wednesday arriving on turkish airlines

Cheers
Old Jul 2, 2014, 2:17 am

Programs: SK*G, BA Gold, IHG Plat AMB
You may be better posting this in an airline sub forum chosen from those who actually fly from LHR T2. I doubt many of the BA board would have had much exposure to it just yet...
Old Jul 2, 2014, 2:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Sards
Pick up time is around 1530 on a Wednesday arriving on turkish airlines

Cheers
Then my advice - go to terminal 3.

Turkish Airways (along with Thai) are not moving to T2 today. They are remaining put in T3 for the rest of the summer while the baggage system is tested further (unplanned tests now deemed necessary due to the T5 baggage meltdown).

http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-in...athrow-airport
Old Jul 2, 2014, 4:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Then my advice - go to terminal 3.

Turkish Airways (along with Thai) are not moving to T2 today. They are remaining put in T3 for the rest of the summer while the baggage system is tested further (unplanned tests now deemed necessary due to the T5 baggage meltdown).

http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-in...athrow-airport
Thanks Irishguy.
So , same applies , is it easy to pick up from T3?
Old Jul 2, 2014, 5:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
I don't know. If you're unwilling to pay for parking at the airport, could you perhaps get your party to take the train, bus or tube to somewhere outside the airport that is more convenient for you and that you know well, where you could collect them?
Old Jul 2, 2014, 6:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by irishguy28
I don't know. If you're unwilling to pay for parking at the airport, could you perhaps get your party to take the train, bus or tube to somewhere outside the airport that is more convenient for you and that you know well, where you could collect them?
Yeah , like terminal 5 departures !!!

I don't mind paying for parking,but I get stressed with unfamiliar territory , esp cos I will be driving and trying to read signs ,,
Wish I hadn't promised to pick up!,

Cheers Irishguy.
Old Jul 2, 2014, 6:45 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Originally Posted by Sards
Thanks Irishguy.
So , same applies , is it easy to pick up from T3?
dead easy - there's four lines of drop-off and departures/arrivals are at the same level. Just go to one of the further right lanes (which are quieter) and don't leave the car. A bit like T1, the lower lanes there.
Old Jul 2, 2014, 7:15 am

Heathrow (like many airports) wants drivers who are picking people up to park in the short-term car park, and so the signs direct traffic for "passenger pick up" to the relevant short-term car park for the terminal.

Therefore you need to follow the signs for "passenger drop-off", and the people you're picking up need to work out how to make their way there - handily of all the LHR terminals that's probably easiest to do at T3, because the 'forecourt' area is all on one level (unlike the multi-decked arrangements elsewhere). As Stewie Mac says, stay with your car, and be prepared to be told off if you're hanging around for any significant period of time (though the thick-skinned minicab drivers seem fairly immune to this!).

I see that Google Streetview now has a (somewhat bizarrely) very patchy smidgeon of 'coverage' of Heathrow's internal road system, but nonetheless that might offer a small bit of assistance.
Old Jul 2, 2014, 8:47 am
Original Poster

MizterT and Stewie Mac
Ty so much
You have both been really helpful
Old Jul 2, 2014, 8:49 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
A number of minicab drivers use the Texaco garage on the Bath Road, or the parade of shops off Sipson Road as an effective 'cellphone lot', but be warned that these locations now enforce the (limited) maximum stay times very aggressively with ANPR cameras.
Old Jul 2, 2014, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
I would not rely on Google Streetview for the Heathrow Central Terminal Area - the road layout has changed since T2 opened, and much of the road network is not covered.
Old May 27, 2018, 11:46 am

I am new to this site. Excuse any hiccups. Pick up at LHR T2. Call an UBER. How does one know on what street one is on exiting the Terminal? It is not at all obvious on a phone, and nowhere can I find a map that names all the roads in the Airport. I have spent a long time trying to rendezvous with an UBER driver and given up and hailed a Black Cab (at three times the price.) I need to know what street I am on to tell the driver. Can anyone help?
Thanks
Dave
Old May 27, 2018, 11:55 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
IIRC, there's an official pick up point in the T2 car park. When you select the terminals you will be given instructions, and the driver will know where to go.
Old May 27, 2018, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
yes there is a designated UBER pick up area in the short stay car park - as per the (easily googled) UBER website - Terminal 2 & short stay 2: Level 1, row Q,

https://www.uber.com/en-GB/drive/lon...orts/heathrow/
Old May 27, 2018, 1:45 pm

Picking up at terminal 2

Thanks guys.

That will save me a lot of angst as well as cash.

Dave

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.