Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Barclays ATM at Gatwick airport

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2014, 11:53 am
Original Poster

Hi there, Can anyone advise if there is specifically a Barclays ATM (no other) at Gatwick airport (pref. North terminal)? I have seen a previous post on this web site (from a few years ago) which stated that there was. If this is still the case, where exactly is it ? Must be a Barclays ATM and Gatwick airport as I'm due to pass through this airport in April with a window of only a couple of hours between arrival and departure flights. Many thanks.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 12:41 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Barclays cash machines in both terminals: http://ask.barclays.co.uk/branchfinder/

Maps on the Gatwick web site which should give you an idea where cash machines are located: http://www.gatwickairport.com/at-the.../airport-maps/
Old Jan 23, 2014, 1:15 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
angelapitt, welcome to FlyerTalk!
For more discussion, I'll move this to the dedicated forum on U.K/Ireland. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 7:13 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
I'm just curious as to why someone would want to fly specifically to the UK just to withdraw GBP from an ATM. Presumably the ultimate origin and destination are not in the UK, otherwise cash could be withdrawn some other time...

I guess the OP has a Global Alliance member bank card or something similar, as this would be the only reason to specifically target a Barclays ATM.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by :D!
I'm just curious as to why someone would want to fly specifically to the UK just to withdraw GBP from an ATM. Presumably the ultimate origin and destination are not in the UK, otherwise cash could be withdrawn some other time....
Get cash at Gatwick before taking an internal flight.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by ft101
Get cash at Gatwick before taking an internal flight.
But, if taking an internal flight, the OP could get cash after the internal flight. After all, there are cash machines nearly everywhere and Barclays ones to boot. Just seems like a strange request.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 8:11 am

No Barclays ATMs at EDI, GLA or ABZ so no way to take advantage of the Global Alliance benefits of Barclays.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 3:28 pm
Original Poster

Hi All, (especial FT101) as I said I'm passing through Gatwick. I'm not travelling there specifically to draw out money but Barclays have advised me that I need to use a Barclays ATM machine in order to carry out a specific procedure with my card (and a new pin no. they sent me) and it apparently had to be done at one of their machines!
Old Jan 24, 2014, 3:39 pm
Original Poster

bcmatt had already checked Barclays web site, it only states that the nearest branch is 0.9 miles away from North Terminal in Horley (as I inputted the North Terminal post code) it doesn't list any cash machines at Gatwick airport. I had also previously checked the airport map on the gatwick.com web site and this only shows a cash machine located at Moneycorp Bureau de Change, that's why i'd posted on this web site to see if anyone could advise. Thanks for the advise though, much appreciated!
Old Jan 24, 2014, 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by angelapitt
bcmatt had already checked Barclays web site, it only states that the nearest branch is 0.9 miles away from North Terminal in Horley (as I inputted the North Terminal post code) it doesn't list any cash machines at Gatwick airport. [...]
On the Barclays Branch Finder page, under "Where's my nearest" make sure you click on "Barclays cash machine" rather than "Barclays branch" - if you do that, it lists Barclays cash machines in both the North and South terminals.

(And if any non-Brit is wondering why the native inhabitants of this board are unclear on where Barclays cash machines are situated, then for most purposes - i.e., drawing out cash - it's essentially irrelevant to UK card holders which ATMs they use, so long as they belong to a bank's network, as there are a number of 'convenience' ATMs that do charge.)
Old Jan 30, 2014, 9:43 am

There is a Barclays machine opposite the BA First/Premium check in area at Gatwick north terminal (landslide). I'm not sure if there is one airside.
Old Jan 31, 2014, 6:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
If you've been issued a new PIN for an existing Barclays card and need to activate it, it should in principle work at any ATM in the UK by choosing PIN Services and Unlock PIN. Can't guarantee it though.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 7:37 pm

For the life of me, I couldn't find recent confirmation that there's a landside Barclays ATM in the south terminal at Gatwick. The Barclays ATM finder seemed to indicate there was one airside. I decided to "explore" that map and found another one landside. I also found an obscure website (that I've since lost) that corroborated that info.

After visiting, I can confirm that it's in Zone H of the South Terminal check in. See one of the #3s in the "South Terminal Check In - Third Floor" section of the following map:
http://www.gatwick-airport-guide.co....minal-map.html

Last edited by kanny; Mar 12, 2017 at 7:42 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.