Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > U.K. and Ireland
Reload this Page >

Galway Inn / Hotel Recommendations for Late April or Early May?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2014, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI

My wife and I will be in Galway for two or three nights at the end of April and wonder if any of you have a favorite place to stay in the Eyre Square area. We're not after anything too grand. The midrange places that appear fine on the Internet -- the Imperial Hotel, Garveys, the Eyre Square Hotel, the Park House -- all basically look (and are described) alike. I'd appreciate any advice from experienced hands... we've not been to Galway before. Thanks in advance as always.
Old Jan 21, 2014, 11:23 pm

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
I stayed at the Eyre Square Townhouse last year. It was very nice and I would stay there again next time I was in Galway.

It's my only time in Galway so I can't claim to be an experienced hand, just an old one
Old Jan 22, 2014, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Thank you! Very kind.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 5:28 am

Programs: TrueBlue
If you're into the B&B experience, I can recommend the Heron's Rest. Circa cooks legendary breakfasts there. We found it completely by chance - driving to Galway after landing in Dublin and just 'found' the place down the pier from the Spanish Gate, walking distance to all the pubs and restaurants... Really fantastic! (Ok, I might be biased because it WAS our honeymoon)
Old Jan 29, 2014, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I will check it out -- thank you for posting!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.