Wiki Posts
Search

Transit thru DUB

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2013, 10:19 am
Original Poster

Transit thru DUB

Hi there,

Newbie here. I am based in BOS and planning on redeeming BA Avois to fly BOS-DUB-London on Aer Lingus. Never been to DUB so I wanna ask:

a) I know transfer passengers need to clear immigration at DUB. I am not a US citizen but my passport does NOT require a transit visa according to the official info: http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Transit. So as long as I have a UK visa, I should be all set transiting there, right?

b) Ireland and UK are in the Common Travel Area, so do I need to clear UK immigration again after arriving in London from DUB?

Thank you!
Old Jun 19, 2013, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
a) Yes
b) This is a little strange. You won't encounter passport control when arriving at LHR from DUB, but you are supposed to report to a UK Border Force officer if you are a visa national. The only way to find one is to pick up the red phone in the baggage reclaim area. If you don't, there probably isn't much of a consequence but you are theoretically breaking the law.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 11:03 am

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
... and welcome to your first posting on FT, after restraining yourself for over three years!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.