Wiki Posts
Search

easist day room hotel for long T3 to T1 layover

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2012, 4:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lots of them, no status
easist day room hotel for long T3 to T1 layover

So excluding any REALLY nasty places, which hotel is the flat-out easiest one to get to when landing at T3 and then spending a while before going to T1 for a connecting flight?

I don't mind paying a bit more for convenience, both in terms of the hotel itself but also including hopping into a cab with the husband and kids to get there instead of riding the hopper bus if need be.

Thanks
Old Nov 5, 2012, 4:59 pm

Park Inn Heathrow is cheap and cheerful, and you can get to it for free from the central bus station by taking any public route bus along bath road. Just tell the driver you are getting off at an airport hotel and you will not be charged.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 7:01 pm
Original Poster

Ok, I had seen that one amongst the many listed.

So it's an easy arrival from T3 and departure to T1?
Sounds perfect.
Thanks
Old Nov 6, 2012, 2:40 am

Programs: BA: GOLD, MARRIOTT: TITANIUM, IHG: PLAT, HILTON: GOLD
If lack of space isn't an issue try Yotel. It's in T4, you can take the free T4 connection train, takes about 5 minutes.

Be warned though, it's a perfectably acceptable room but is very small. The is good wifi, plenty of choice on the TV and can get snacks delivered to the room.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 9:34 am

Programs: 1MM*G, 1K
Sounds like you would like comfort over budget. I'd go for Sofitel Heathrow. Beautiful space. and connected to all of airport via free train that is free and easy to use. E used it to from T3 which I believe is the same stop as the T1.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 11:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gaume
Sounds like you would like comfort over budget. I'd go for Sofitel Heathrow. Beautiful space. and connected to all of airport via free train that is free and easy to use. E used it to from T3 which I believe is the same stop as the T1.

Not necessarily that comfort trumps price but rather convenience trumps price. We'd be plenty happy with something completely spartan as long as it was EASY.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by vicarious_MR'er
Not necessarily that comfort trumps price but rather convenience trumps price. We'd be plenty happy with something completely spartan as long as it was EASY.
Easiest will be one of the hotels in or attached to the airport buildings, which avoids the need for getting a bus to and from the hotel. Yotel is in Terminal 4 (on the floor between the departures and the arrivals, land-side). The rooms are very small but clean, wifi is good (and as I recall free), you can get refreshments delivered to your room, and if you want something more substantial then there are eating places in the terminal (including one right ouside the door of the Yotel). You can book rooms by the hour, and it is inexpensive.

Sofitel is attached to Terminal 5 by a walkway, and Hilton is attached to Terminal 4 by a walkway. Both are good hotels of their type (i.e. airport hotels), the Sofitel being the newer and probably more glamorous of the two. Both, I seem to recall, have rooms that you can book for a day.

Unfortunately there are no hotels attached to either Terminal 1 or Terminal 3. Terminals 4 and 5 are easily accessible from Terminals 1 and 3 by the Heathrow Express transfer service, which is free.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 4:54 pm

Programs: AA Gold MM, DL Gold, US MM, HH Gold, Starwood
I usually stay at the Hilton in Term 4. Easy walk thru a covered walkway.

I also got to use the Yotel In Term 4 for an hour after a Delta BE flight from BOS and it was very acceptable for a quick shower after the flight. They have two sizes of rooms, one about the size of an overnight train compartment and a larger room.

Using the train between terminals is simple.

Cheers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.