Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > U.K. and Ireland
Reload this Page >

Government considering Mixed Mode to allow Heathrow extra 120,000 movements per year

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Government considering Mixed Mode to allow Heathrow extra 120,000 movements per year

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2012, 3:44 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
All I can say is good luck to those who choose/have to travel through LHR.
Oh well whatever happens, LHR will always be nicer than FRA
Old Jun 28, 2012, 4:12 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by flyingcrazy
Oh well whatever happens, LHR will always be nicer than FRA
I wasn't even thinking of FRA despite my apparent obsession.
Old Jun 28, 2012, 5:11 pm

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by mtkeller
I'm not sure if the airlines have to pay anything per passenger, but I would assume that they'd prefer it be broken out from fares if they did.
Why ? Separating out elements of the fare is a confounded nuisance. It is also a recent phenomenon. Why should separate figures be added after the initially quoted fare for 101 things which are part of providing an air service.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 2:10 am

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by WHBM
Why ? Separating out elements of the fare is a confounded nuisance. It is also a recent phenomenon. Why should separate figures be added after the initially quoted fare for 101 things which are part of providing an air service.
The airlines would prefer it because then it always eats up the same amount of money per passenger. If it's a flat rate per aircraft, then they'll have to pay it out of the base fare and so a lightly-loaded flight will cost them more per passenger to the government/airport than a full flight. Also, passengers who look at the detailed fare/tax/fee breakdown can tell how much of the cost is going to the airline and how much is going to governments and airports. It is not a nuisance for the airlines or agencies selling tickets. Now that even in the US all fares have to be displayed to customers including all the taxes and surcharges (regardless of whether imposed by the airline, the airport, or a government), it really doesn't make one lick of difference to passengers.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 3:53 am
Suspended
Original Poster

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/poli...-Heathrow.html

A group of 39 Tory MPs have called for a 3rd AND 4th runway to be built at LHR. One to the south west of the airport and another to the north.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.