London - celebrating new year's eve

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2010, 1:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold, A-Club PLATINUM, HHonors Gold, GPP-Gold, BWR-Diamond, PCR PLAT, *Wood P

Hi and good evening from Germany - I'm not sure if I will post this topic twice but I can't find my post here from the early evening -

Well to get things straight I am going to celebrate new year's eve in london this year with 5 friends - We're all at the end of 20 so there is still some need of party... Due to my weekend trip this march it'll be my 2nd visit in London and yeah I've to say that I'm not familiar with the city...

Does anyone of you have a good tip to see fireworks (let's say at the waterfront (Themse) or at the London Eye) and have a good place to get some drinks afterwards? I think we do not want to party in a club /disco - a pub sounds even better... would be perfect if there are some possibilities in the surroundings.
As discussed it would be a perfect shedule for us to have a nice dinner (let's say steak or italien food) - any hints here?

Do we have make arrangements with the pub the day before to get a table / seats later on (after fireworks)?
Is there a show outside (eg. live music...) with speakers outside and pavillons where they sale beer and other beverages - or do we bring our own stuff?

thx again - kai from germany (DUS)
Old Dec 7, 2010, 2:12 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
This is a great thread for our Travel->U.K/Ireland forum, and I'll move it there. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
Old Dec 8, 2010, 1:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold, A-Club PLATINUM, HHonors Gold, GPP-Gold, BWR-Diamond, PCR PLAT, *Wood P
yeah - you're right... sorry for that! hope anyone can help...
Old Dec 8, 2010, 3:47 am

London is a great place to celebrate new year, but be warned, the Thames waterfront gets very busy on NYE. I'd highly recommend booking slots in a pub/bar or even better, one of the boats moored to the river edge. Check out the "Tamesis Dock".
Old Dec 8, 2010, 8:40 am

...not to mention random tube stop closures for purposes of crowd control. Make sure you have a couple of alternatives to get back to your hotel.
Old Dec 8, 2010, 9:17 am
Original Poster

first of all thx for your first answers - as I've browsed several London pages I'm pretty sure to be at the place soon. The question is... anybody here who can tell me what time it is good be there?
We have been all years before in Berlin. I guess it's nearly the same thing - we arrived not long after 7pm...

But are there (along the river banks) stands or kiosk to get drinks and food?

THX again -
Old Dec 8, 2010, 1:43 pm

Programs: BA EC Gold
Hi kaidus

If you enter the following string into google

site:flyertalk.com/forum/u-k-ireland/ new year's

you will find dozens of threads about spending NYE in London. Every question you can possibly imagine will be addressed in at least five threads.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.