Wiki Posts
Search

Thrifty at LHR, yea or nay

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2010, 1:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NW-PE, Blue Star SeaSmiles
Thrifty at LHR, yea or nay

I've read the numerous stories out on the net about the Thrifty at LHR. Is it really that bad? Anyone with recent experience?

Getting a good price for them via http://compare.carrentals.co.uk/ but I'm thinking that it may be worth extra to avoid them. So if not Thrifty then any recommendations?

Also wanted to confirm that the following list are just agents probably pointing back to Thrifty as well.

121carrentals.co.uk
arguscarhire.com
cardelmar.co.uk

Recap
Well turns out that carrentals.co.uk just used Thrifty as the agent with the booking ending up being with Green Motion. The price was given without two taxes being prepaid(airport tax and road tax). As long as these were charged against the base rate, it would have been the cheapest price going. Also getting to Green Motion required the 555 bus or the Hoppa.

Decided to take chance out of the price and booked with europcar for a few pounds more with an all in price. Can also use the rental shuttle. Will see how it turns out.

Last edited by Blank Sheet; Dec 14, 2010 at 1:05 pm Reason: recap

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.