Processing of UK Tourist Visa from UK Border Agency in New York

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Processing of UK Tourist Visa from UK Border Agency in New York

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2012, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by Christopher
Either the person applying for the visa has a citizenship that is subject to a visa requirement for visits to the UK or else is planning a trip to the UK for which a visa is required (e.g. will be in the UK for more than 6 months).
Or he/she may have been previously denied entry or think that he is liable to be denied entry.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 4:17 pm

Need Agencies or Couriers

Originally Posted by querymind
Thank you for the info. I guess we just have to sit and wait until we hear from the UK Border Agency in NY. Also, right after she mailed her docs, we found out that there are Agencies/Couriers that can help in expediting the process but it was too late since she already sent her info in. I called several of those agencies and they said that if we pull out her docs from the British Consulate, they can help us. But she has to re-do her Biometrics and she has to pay the application all over again. Think that's a waste of money.
Can you shre Agencies or couriers who can help me expedite?
Old Jul 26, 2013, 11:01 am

My stepson died tragically and suddenly in the UK, on June 26 2013, I applied for the visa under COMPASSIONATE CASE, but was denied. they said I was overstayed the previous visit, I was not aware until then. So I sent the administration review, was refused because my case was not allowed review, so I sent the appeal to the UK address to find out will take 28 days for them to even have a look at the case. In the meantime the funeral has been postponed twice. Bear in mind I have had this same visa regularly for the last 18 yrs with no problem at all. So the Home office suggested to re apply and re send the new application, which I did with letters, death certificate,even the confirmation date of funeral which is 29th of June..they sent an email that they received the application, today is Friday,26 of July I still heard nothing from them.. this is COMPASSIONATE CASE...my husband is alone in the UK, has to arrange everything by himself, he is so broken heart and the grief he has to carries alone, and I am feeling hopeless here.. my stepson`s mother has long passed away. I am his mother for the last 18 years, and was denied to attend his funeral..

Last edited by sagehouse; Jul 26, 2013 at 6:14 pm Reason: wrong date
Old Jul 26, 2013, 5:37 pm

sagehouse, I am so sad for you both.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 6:12 pm

Avitrix, thank you. I am posting it to tell everyone that being a good,respectable citizen like my husband (he is an Aerospace Engineer), and a good visitor to the UK like me, do not mean anything when you have to deal with bureaucrat in this case UK BORDER in New York. I had a better reply from British Consulate in Vancouver to show that they are human, sadly they cannot do anything. It is all in the hand of New York office.
Old Jul 28, 2013, 3:50 pm

Again, my condolences on your tragic loss. And with the funeral scheduled for tomorrow (I presume that's what you meant - you put 29 June) there is obviously now nothing you can do.

I know that now is probably not the time you want to think about this... but if they think you overstayed, and you're not aware that you did, then this is something you need to sort out with them. In some ways I don't understand how they get their information, seeing there are no routine passport checks on exiting the UK - so what they're claiming may not even be right. You don't want that black mark on your file if their information is wrong...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.