BUMP Voucher - Fly Free

Old Sep 22, 01, 8:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, WN CP, Latin Pass Bonus
BUMP Voucher - Fly Free

Does anyone know if the Fly Free vouchers received when bumped (voluntary) will be any good after end of Nov when AA take over most of the TWA processing? Will they be good on AA routes then OR will AA still have TWA routes (flight numbers) using code shares where one can use the Fly Free vouchers?

I called the 800 number and they said they did not know!!
Old Sep 22, 01, 10:47 am

If I were you I would call AA and try to make a reservation. If they say it's only
good on TWA, try asking TWA for an AA only
destination and maybe TWA will ticket you.
Otherwise you'll have to fly TWA before the expiration date.
Old Sep 26, 01, 1:56 pm

I'm w/ flowerchild...I have a bump voucher as well and yes, although TWA will be run by AA they will still be different flight numbers and considerd TWA...I think it is going to be considerd TWA and American Airlines Company...anyway if a TWA destination goes away I think they'll honor it on AA otherwise no...is the cert good for Hawaii? I found some places in the carb. I could go to get the most out of my bump...we will see
Old Sep 27, 01, 9:29 am

I went through this same scenario recently. TWA honored the fly-free voucher but only to its own cities. The voucher could not be transferred to AA or extended. Also, I had to go out to JFK to pick up the tickets: TWA has closed its ticket counters in the city, would not mail the tickets, and they would only hold the reservation for a week. Still, it is a free flight.

Search this Thread