Wiki Posts
Search

Any Meal Service Reports ?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2001, 9:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA-EXP 2MM, Marriott-PP/LT P, Avis-PC
Any Meal Service Reports ?

Does anyone have any meal service reports ? My wife flew STL>RSW 3 weeks ago and they had done away with the little gold box meals in FC. They were replaced with a very fresh pastrami sandwich NOT in a box.

I am particularily interested in international flights as I will be traveling STL>LGW in FC next week.

Old Aug 29, 2001, 8:03 am

Location: St. Louis, MO - AA PLT/2.98MM (Lifetime PLT), Delta PM, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat
Programs: TW Elite (RIP), CO OnePass
The gold boxes are still around.. at least they were two weeks ago STL-DCA and last week on a friend's STL-SAT flights.

Regarding STL-LGW, realize that you will be flying Trans World One, which is an enhanced business class - not a true first class service.

I have not flown TWO in several years, but my experiences in 1996 and 1998 were very good.

Greg
Old Aug 29, 2001, 4:48 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
I flew TWO CDG-JFK in June and service is still pretty good. No little amenity kits, but the food was excellent. It has decreased a bit since March, but its still nothing to sneeze at.

Flying on monday from bos-stl we had pretty decent FC food, hot food and really good cheesecake. STL-Sea we had plated food,no box and good pepperidge farm cookies.

Now, the roast beef wrap has alot to answer for.

lala
Old Aug 29, 2001, 8:36 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat,Hilton Diamond,Lifetime Marriott Platinum Premier
How are the first class trips back and forth to Maui(OGG)? I heard the Flight attendents are old and lazy and you have to pry them away from a magazine or knitting to refresh your drinks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.