Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > TWA FFB/Aviators
Reload this Page >

AA won't honor liftime TW Ambassador memberships :(

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA won't honor liftime TW Ambassador memberships :(

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2001, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
(dup)

[This message has been edited by zrs70 (edited 04-18-2001).]
Old Apr 18, 2001, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Any thoughts on what the supplemental rate will be? Will it be a discount comparable to Exec Platinum?
Old Jun 8, 2001, 1:53 pm

Since I hold lifetime Swissair Travel Club status, we were recently told, that all AAdmirals clubs are open for us, therefore my TWA-lifetime-Ambassador is of secondary conversion priority. Nevertheless, it seems idiotic for AA to anger us Ambassadors, with the DEATH-Row decision. I hope they will reconsider, also in view of the fact, that they have thousands of Life-Time-Admirals roaming the clubs. Maybe AA doesn't "SELL" it currently, but they certainly gave them out at one point. I , for that matter, never purchased the TWA-Lifetime cards, but in 1981 TWA's Berlin station manager "awarded" some Lifetimers to get us to connect to TWA in Frankfurt (because only PAA and BA were allowed into TXL and THF). Actually it came with a 50% off any VUSA-fare (Visit U.S.A) anytime or the 10 coupon-make-dem-out-yorself-deal.
Times change, but I will certainly steer clear of AA whenever I can, because they are such a cheap, low-class airline. Card or not.

Old Jun 8, 2001, 4:04 pm

Clipper,

I figure with you being "from" Cote d'Azur & PalmBeach & RIO, you'd just hop on your private yacht or jump in the G5 and cruise wherever you wanted to. Who needs the airlines....
Old Jun 8, 2001, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Declipper:

Don't wait for AA to decide on their own. Write them a letter!
Old Jun 11, 2001, 4:39 pm

Location: AA-EXP(2MM+), Delta-Plat(1MM+), Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LifePlat
I am EXP on American and requested reciprocal PLT status on TWA. They were kind enough to make me Elite - that's it - just Elite.

You are complaining about what AA is or is not doing for TWA flyers - perhaps you should look at how little TWA is willing to do for the customers of the airline that bailed them out - talk about a disgrace.
Old Jun 12, 2001, 2:12 pm
Original Member

Programs: AAdvantage EXP/1mm/Admirals,United Silver+Club (life),Marriott Titanium,Hilton & Accor Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by High-Flyer:
I am EXP on American and requested reciprocal PLT status on TWA. They were kind enough to make me Elite - that's it - just Elite.

You are complaining about what AA is or is not doing for TWA flyers - perhaps you should look at how little TWA is willing to do for the customers of the airline that bailed them out - talk about a disgrace.
</font>
Sir, judging by your tone in other threads, perhaps your poor attitude and disrespect for TWA Airlines, LLC and its predecessor companies is the reason for only granting Elite status. Perhaps another reason is that the program will be integrated later in the year and you will be treated as "king of kings" at that time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.