Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > TWA FFB/Aviators
Reload this Page >

Anyone tried to get comped to PLT on AA?- This may be a repeat

Old Apr 4, 01, 9:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska 75K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt, BonWhut?

Hi All-

I have been out of town for a while and not really keeping up with all the TWA shuffling.

I'm trying to decide whether or try and finish off my elite 1 mileage for the year soon (mileage runs to TPA and BWI) or just see if AA will transfer everything and still try and put the rest of the miles on AA, achieving the same goal with perhaps a few long runs to Paris or Italy. I sort of feel
that TWA has been good to me and it would be nice to get on the plane and know I'll either have a FC seat or 7A, rather than non-priveledge seats on AA.

Any thoughts?

lala
Old Apr 6, 01, 11:54 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, WN CP, Latin Pass Bonus
Not sure exactly what you mean. My plan is to get as many miles (both status and total) on TWA as TW gives more miles per segment. I hope I can get to the Platinum level before the "transfer" and then AA gives me their top level status through 2002. As I assume AA will transfer the TWA miles at 1 to 1, better to go where you earn more miles for the $$.
Old Apr 6, 01, 12:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska 75K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt, BonWhut?
I was wondering if you had called American and gotten comped early, started flying AA segments and earned 100% bonus for PLT level instead of the 50% earned as ELITE1.

I'm also going to keep flying TWA and trying to get my ELITE1 requalification before say
July, not easy to do if you don't fly for business to the midwest or east coast.

There are some inexpensive fares floating around, but no bonuses to speak of anymore http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/frown.gif, so it'll be sea-dca, sea-msp etc. for me.

lala

Search this Thread