Wiki Posts
Search

priority pass

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2001, 10:40 pm
Original Poster

priority pass

sorry if this is a bit off toppic.
I have priority pass which now has access (among other lounges) to most ambassador clubs. Do you think priority pass will give me access to the admiral club now? http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/biggrin.gif
Old Apr 3, 2001, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
I don't have a definite answer, but based on other threads and hearsay I suspect you're out of luck.

Reason: prior to total integration, AA and TWA are separate airlines operating under a variety of agreements. One of them gives members of each airline's lounge program access to the other's lounges. It does NOT give anyone who has access to one lounge for any other reason access to the other. It's specifically, and only, members of the other airline's lounge program. This may seem like a nit-picking distinction, but they hire lawyers to write these things.

This has been an issue, for example, with elite members of oneWorld airlines wanting access to TWA lounges on the day of their flight just as they would have to AA lounges. They don't get in.

I'm sure there have been instances of people getting in under these and similar circumstances, and I wish you luck, but I wouldn't count on it.
Old Apr 3, 2001, 11:25 pm
Original Poster

thanx.
i hope that priority pass will join up with another airline, since there won't be too many North American lounges without TWA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.