Wiki Posts
Search

Getting an award reservation

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 1999, 10:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
Getting an award reservation

I have tried repeatedly at all hours to get thru on TWA Aviator's 800 to make an award reservation. Busy, or when it does ring some voice mail comes on to tell me to call back. We have missed an opportunity to take a vacation in April and I am concerned how one might actually use an award should one get one. I want to get the certificate prior to April 30 BUT do want to actually take a trip! Silly me. Any suggestions? I did try TWA's website where they promise to get to you in 4 working days but it is a LIE. It took 2 weeks and all they said was that I had to call the 800 number.
Old Feb 25, 1999, 5:29 pm
EMD
Original Member

Call the "regular" 1-800 reservations ##, pray for a nice operator and play dumb - ask if they could directly connect you to the Aviator's line. Good luck!!
Old Feb 25, 1999, 6:16 pm
Original Member

I'm sorry to hear you're having so much trouble. I understand TWA just closed their LA phone center so perhaps that extra load is getting adjusted into the regular system.

Like EMD says, try the main 800-221-2000 reservation and ask for some assistance. They may have a different number for you to call since they can't help you, but it is worth a try.
Old Feb 26, 1999, 3:41 am

By the way, if you're saying April 30th because you're concerned about the "expiring" ability to use the Equity Miles award charts, the deadline for requesting an Equity Award certificate has been extended to December 30th of this year. See below excerpt from a thread I posted to in December:
---------------------------------------------
I checked out the TWA Aviators site and it still reads (read?) 30 Apr 99 as the deadline for requesting awards, so I e-mailed them asking which was correct. They responded, "You are correct in that Equity awards may now be requested as late as 12-30-99. This also pushes the time limit for surrendering the certificate for a ticket up to 12-30-2000 etc."

So, as I read it, we now have until 12-30-99 to request an award, 12-30-2000 to turn it into a ticket, and, since tickets are good for one year, the travel may be done as late as 12-30-2001.

[This message has been edited by Counsellor (edited 02-26-99).]
Old Feb 26, 1999, 8:01 am
Original Poster

I hope you are right about the 12-30-99 deadline. I have not seen that posting anywhere. What irritates me is that my husband and I wanted to take a cruise in April (THIS April!) of the Persian Gulf using his Aviator miles but have now have missed the opportunity. I did try finding a nice reservationist on the regular line but did not find any! Thanks for suggestions; maybe next year! I would prefer not to take the award certificate right now if I can wait.
Old Feb 26, 1999, 6:20 pm
Original Poster

Ah ha! Got my Aviator mailing today! They extended the Equity Miles but not the non-equity miles and the new statement calls out the three categories: Equity, Non-equity, and Aviator. I am not too clear on what happens if you want an award requiring Aviator miles for an old non-equity award. I suspect you can carry miles only one direction. The biggest changes I saw were to the Equity Miles Awards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.