Wiki Posts
Search

Losses and layoffs

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 1999, 2:56 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Losses and layoffs

ST. LOUIS (AP) -- Trans World Airlines will cut about 1,000 jobs and may make other cost-cutting moves this year, following a 10th straight year of losses

Old Feb 19, 1999, 8:44 pm
Original Member

Unfortunately for TWA the company, they're staffed like a bigger international airline with a lot more planes.

Unfortunately for some TWA workers, it looks like 1,000 of them will lose their job as a result.

Although I have compassion for both sides, a company must make a profit to help keep all their workers employed and the company's customers happy.

If TWA customers are not confident enough to book their travel on TWA, then these folks, who pay all of the workers' wages, will disappear, and then so will the airline.

I am confident TWA will continue their turn-around, albeit slowly. I say another year of losses and they'll be back on the profitable track in 2000.

If they don't, then it looks like I'll be flying fewer direct flights and instead connecting through Chicago, Pittsburgh, and Atlanta.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.