Search

Partner travel to Frankfurt

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 1998, 5:19 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: CO Plat, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold, Hertz President's Circle
Partner travel to Frankfurt

for aviator members who miss twa's old route to frankfurt, their new partner icelandair is planning increased service there in january 1999. icelandair's service to frankfurt makes it considerably cheaper than flying twa to paris or london, then catching a european airline over to frankfurt.

press release follows:

Icelandair Announces Major January Changes In Route Network

August 25, 1998 ... Icelandair will make several major changes in its route network. Paris and Frankfurt service will receive increased flight frequency and improved connections through the airline's hub in Reykjavik, Iceland. All service to Luxembourg will be eliminated, effective January 9, 1999, to accommodate the new routing. The Luxembourg route has been part of Icelandair for four decades.

Icelandair serves twenty destinations in Scandinavia, the United Kingdom and Continental Europe, from six gateways in the United States and Canada. Icelandair is online at www.icelandair.is.
Old Aug 26, 1998, 1:29 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
but you still have the stop at Reykjavik, Iceland. This may be a nice stopover for once - but only time-consuming if you don't plan a local sightseeing.

Others (AA, DL, UA, LH, etc.) offer direct-flights with competitive prices (unless you travel high-season).
Old Aug 26, 1998, 7:13 am
Original Member
Original Poster

you're right, rudi, about the stopover requirement. but one nice thing about icelandair -- if you've never visited iceland, the stopover is free for up to 3 days, which gives you time sightsee in a place where most people don't ever get a chance to visit.

of course, as you say, after visiting once, you might want to take nonstops on another airline directly to europe to save time.
Old Sep 2, 1998, 2:18 pm
Original Member

I'm amazed that there aren't more comments on TWA. Is that because TWA is so great (I'm about to change allegiance), or because nobody uses TWA?
An aside: Rudi, do you do anything but surf airline comment threads?
Old Sep 3, 1998, 9:54 am
Original Member
Original Poster

actually, i think twa's is one of the better programs out there. most of the threads on other programs are mainly complaints (delta's L-class fares, united's dining program, etc), and there really isn't much about twa's program to complain about (they offer 1,000 miles minimum for a flight segment, they allow upgrades on any published fare, they have plenty of first-class seats on their aircraft, only 15,000 miles needed for a free domestic ticket, etc, etc).

i will take this opportunity to complain about one thing, though. they eliminated their round-the-world award with this new aviator program... bummer!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.