Wiki Posts
Search

LAX T3 memories

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2004, 7:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1MM/Gold, Marriott Gold
LAX T3 memories

Flew Frontier into LAX last week, arrived at Terminal 3. Brought back many memories of the good old days w/ TW. The great Ambassador Club staff there, and descending the back stairs to the gates...Captain Randy greeting passengers, flight 840? to JFK, which continued to Rome, always trying to get on the 767 flights w/ the TWOne configuration to STL, the "tunnel" to baggage claim, and many more. The far end of T3 is now the realm of Frontier, ATA and one or two other airlines...
Old Aug 10, 2004, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
When you arrive T3 via AS at Gates 31/32, the first thing you see as you deplane are TW's two red horizontal stripes across the top of the waiting room. All the TW logos, signage, etc. are gone but the red stripes from the '80s are still there. They caught my eye a couple of weeks ago and made me sad.
Old Aug 12, 2004, 6:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1MM/Gold, Marriott Gold
The same is true down in the "rotunda" - of course, that area could really use a remodel. It's dark and dated compared to T4 and most of the rest of LAX.
Old Sep 3, 2004, 11:24 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, AA LTP 2MM
Captain Randy greeting passengers...
That brought a tear to my eye.
Captain Randy was an icon.
Old Sep 15, 2004, 2:27 pm

I flew from RNO to LAX on AS Monday afternoon and when I walked off the plane I thought I was in the Bermuda Triangle. Talk about deja vu!!

BTW, I was connecting to the 6:30pm AA flight to STL and used the AA bus to connect. That worked pretty well and was certainly easier than going outside of security and walking around.
Old Jan 27, 2005, 9:00 pm

Programs: United 1K
Plenty of fond memories as a Royal Ambassador member with the free international upgrades.
Old Feb 4, 2005, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by UAL_Rulez
That brought a tear to my eye.
Captain Randy was an icon.
Brought plenty of tears to my eyes as well. However, I can vouch that Captain Randy is still an icon, and that he still is up to many of his old tricks!! I had lunch with him the last time I flew into LAX in December. Our family will never forget that fabulous TWA staff.
Old Apr 21, 2005, 9:07 am

Location: 3A - most likey <> BKK <--> EZE; TACA 3A nobody, but GP million miler; Hilton Gold sometimes. Successfully divorced from CO PLAT.
'TWA's flight 760, Boeing 747 Royal Ambassador Service to LONDON's HEATHROW Airport, is now ready for boarding at Gate No. 35.'

<slight delay>

'Passengers traveling in TWA's FC and BC cabins are now invited to join our cabin crew onboard thru Gate No. 35 A. '

<no delay>

'Passengers traveling in our main cabin may now board thru Gate 35 B...'

<snifle, snifle... >

'This is THE LAST AND FINAL CALL for TWA's flight 760 Royal Ambassador Service to LONDON. All aboard, please, Gate No. 35...'

<Boo hoo hoo... (full bawl) >

Last edited by tvl4free; Apr 21, 2005 at 9:27 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.