Search

Does TK Status Match?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2009, 12:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH FTL, CNTL GLD, TK Elite, MR-Pltm, Avis First, Hertz PC
Does TK Status Match?

Hi,

I'm silver on *A with Lufthansa and was wondering if TK does status matching. I will flying home more often starting this year and I'm tired of getting transit visa's through Europe. Flying through Turkey would benefit me a lot more from JFK. I'm not sure if anyone has had any experience there, but any feedback would help.

Oh ya, I tried reaching out Miles&Smiles via email but still no response. I'll wait a bit and follow-up with a call.

Thanks..
-swy
Old Jul 28, 2009, 2:57 pm

Programs: TK*G EP
I am not sure if they are even aware of the concept of "matching status". Please let us know if you receive any reply from Miles & Smiles.
Old Jul 28, 2009, 3:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rozy
I am not sure if they are even aware of the concept of "matching status". Please let us know if you receive any reply from Miles & Smiles.
haha. maybe that's why i haven't heard from them. so to make *G with them, i would need 65K miles (25K for classic plus + 40K for elite) or is really only 40K...?

The wording on the website says "Classic Plus card holders need to reach 40.000 Status Miles within 12 consecutive months in order to qualify..." so I'm guessing u need to get to 25K then to 40K... in 1 year?
Old Jul 29, 2009, 1:18 am
Zel

Easier than that
The Point you have to earn 40 000 miles in last 12 months.
As an example Let say you rolled a M&S and lets say you earn 25 000 in your first 6 month. They upgrage you Classic pluss but they are still counting your miles. and 4 months later you make 15 000 miles more. That mean you made 40 000 in 10 months. System upgrade your membership to Elite. So just earn 40 000 miles in last 12 months and you are elite member not hard if you fly a lot.

Silver status = Classic Plus in Tk
Elite= gold

They are in Star Alliance you should use Star silver card rights in my opinion.
Old Jul 29, 2009, 7:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Zel
Easier than that
The Point you have to earn 40 000 miles in last 12 months.
As an example Let say you rolled a M&S and lets say you earn 25 000 in your first 6 month. They upgrage you Classic pluss but they are still counting your miles. and 4 months later you make 15 000 miles more. That mean you made 40 000 in 10 months. System upgrade your membership to Elite. So just earn 40 000 miles in last 12 months and you are elite member not hard if you fly a lot.

Silver status = Classic Plus in Tk
Elite= gold

They are in Star Alliance you should use Star silver card rights in my opinion.
ahh... interesting. based on their verbiage, i thought you have to get to one level, then make the 40K again. so the total is 40K. i see now. ya, 40K shouldn't be so hard. one round trip from JFK-SYD is 20K.... nice nice...

thanks for the info
Old Jul 29, 2009, 9:07 am
formerly OliverS

I tried a status match from DL Gold half a year ago, I don't think I was able to explain the concept to them.
Old Jul 29, 2009, 9:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by OliverS
I tried a status match from DL Gold half a year ago, I don't think I was able to explain the concept to them.
status match? what's a status match sir?

i guess for 40K to get to G on *A, i can't ask for much more. and it lasts for two years! that's great!
Old Jul 29, 2009, 8:32 pm

Programs: UA Plat, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by swy000
status match? what's a status match sir?

i guess for 40K to get to G on *A, i can't ask for much more. and it lasts for two years! that's great!
I think AC has Gold for 35K miles.
Old Sep 1, 2009, 2:41 pm

Programs: AY plat, EB gold, LH Sen
Other way round - does ANYONE match TK status ?

I was wondering if ANYairline does a status match with TK?
Mrs. mahajanvikas is a TK Gold Elite and I was wondering if she can be comped to some other airline?
Old Sep 23, 2009, 12:55 pm

Programs: AY plat, EB gold, LH Sen
Bump.
Old Sep 23, 2009, 7:18 pm

Programs: Various shiny cards at hotel chains and airlines
Originally Posted by mahajanvikas
Bump.
I think AZ is still running a statusmatch for non-ST elites (see AZ forum or alitalia IT page) and AeroSvit should match as well.
Old Sep 24, 2009, 2:49 am

Programs: FB Gold (E+),TK Elite(*A Gold)
Yes, AZ is actually doing status-match (you may apply until 31 october 2009) but it may be worthful if you use ST carriers.
Otherwise if you love *A carriers I suggest to put all your points in a TK account: you can reach GOLD with just 40K miles in 12 months.
Forget about LH Senator and its 100K miles....!

Ok, it is not so easy and clear how to spend miles with TK (but they are very open to upgrades!) but who cares if you are interested in the status only and its other benefits choose TK.
Old Sep 28, 2009, 4:29 am

Hi.

Yes TK do status match. You will need to send in evidence of your status with your current program.
Old Sep 28, 2009, 8:43 am

Do you know whom to?
Old Oct 3, 2009, 9:04 pm

Programs: TK*G EP
Originally Posted by MrLaw
Hi.

Yes TK do status match. You will need to send in evidence of your status with your current program.
Wow! This is interesting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.