Search

VIP

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2024, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
VIP

At CPH check in, when it was our turn, the station manager told us to let the VIP check in first. We said ok and that VIP told us to go ahead.

Then at the gate, I didn't see that vip but there were other people who didn't have the VIP tag that were to board first. I guess C was booked solid that there's no space to upgrade them, so they got the first row in Y.

I wonder who this dude is... Seem like a super VIP
Old Mar 22, 2024, 1:58 pm

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Originally Posted by nacho
At CPH check in, when it was our turn, the station manager told us to let the VIP check in first. We said ok and that VIP told us to go ahead.

Then at the gate, I didn't see that vip but there were other people who didn't have the VIP tag that were to board first. I guess C was booked solid that there's no space to upgrade them, so they got the first row in Y.

I wonder who this dude is... Seem like a super VIP
afair travel agencies can add a note "VIP" with a comment to the booking so the VIP status shows up as status on the boarding pass. also some corporate contracts can contain the "VIP" status for decision makers. you don't have to be of Lady Gaga or Robbie Williams caliber.
flyer.antonov likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 12:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Or simply any Turkish member if Parliament.
Old Apr 1, 2024, 1:08 pm

Programs: TK and Finnair
From my work related experience(way back in 2006) I seen, high level government workers and diplomats and their companions are also treated as VIP.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE
afair travel agencies can add a note "VIP" with a comment to the booking so the VIP status shows up as status on the boarding pass. also some corporate contracts can contain the "VIP" status for decision makers. you don't have to be of Lady Gaga or Robbie Williams caliber.
I have seen this once at check in at YVR, a single girl had a VIP tag, but it's nothing like this - the minds of the station manager and the check-in agent had their minds on the VIP instead of dealing with our check-in. I guess they must be panic because there was no space to upgrade this VVIP.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 12:43 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Why would VIP need an upgrade? A true VIP travels first class, right?
Old Apr 3, 2024, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ffay005
Why would VIP need an upgrade? A true VIP travels first class, right?
Maybe it's a relative of politician or something - that guy has a typical mafia look (those I saw from movies). I guess the GA and station managers were scared because they had no seat to upgrade him.
Old Apr 6, 2024, 10:25 am

Programs: Jetblue, Turkish, Hilton Gold, Spirit Gold
And NYC Mayor as well.
nacho likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.