Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TK website payment currency

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2024 | 12:45 pm
Original Poster

TK website payment currency

It appears TK now lets you choose any currency ,but paying in TRY appears the best value? I converted the TRY price to USD using Google.
Old Mar 12, 2024 | 1:53 am
50 Countries Visited1M15 Years on Site

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Originally Posted by ovacikar
It appears TK now lets you choose any currency ,but paying in TRY appears the best value? I converted the TRY price to USD using Google.
it has been like that forever - in the payment step you can select the currency. it came very handy 14 months ago when you paid with Visa in ARS and could get the tourist dollar exchange rate
Old Mar 13, 2024 | 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
10 Years on Site

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
We have some TK GC in USD through a settlement a couple of months ago. So, we tried to book flights ex-CPH using USD and it is not worth it by paying in USD even without forex fee. We will see if we can use them for shorter flights in the future.
Old Mar 13, 2024 | 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
15 Years on Site

Programs: TK Elite
I suggest you buy TK tickets ex US or other country where tickets are priced in USD, to use your vouchers - and pay for tickets ex. CPH in DKK.
Old Mar 13, 2024 | 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
10 Years on Site

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by SK AAR
I suggest you buy TK tickets ex US or other country where tickets are priced in USD, to use your vouchers - and pay for tickets ex. CPH in DKK.
Yeah or buying a cheaper flight like CPH - IST and use the vouchers to buy it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.