Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

TK169 MEL-SIN and SIN-IST on seperate PNRs

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2024, 7:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: M&S

I booked SIN-IST-CPT in June on TK169 for the first leg.
Would it work to buy a ticket from MEL-SIN on the incoming TK169 flight? This now seems the best option for me.

​I know I would need a boarding pass to make the 1h40m transfer in Singapore work.
How certain is it that I can check in online before arriving in Singapore? Or maybe the staff in Melbourne could issue all boarding passe through to Cape Town?

Thanks for your help
Old Mar 7, 2024, 9:11 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
I have experienced issues on several airlines in SIN (other than Singapore Airlines) that I could check in online but not get a boarding pass due to some necessary document checks. in that case only service staff at the departure airport can issue the boarding pass. I would not risk that tight connection and take another flight to SIN.
Old Mar 7, 2024, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
I see no issue. Worst case scenario is that you look up a transfer desk at SIN to get the BP for the SIN-IST-CPT legs. You don't need to enter Singapore to do that as you arrivals and departing pax are not segregated as I recall it, so there is plenty of time.

Even if you have checked luggage ground staff at SIN are known to be prepared to pickup your luggage from the belts and tag it do your new destination whilst you remain in transit; at least this is how it used to work,
Old Mar 7, 2024, 12:15 pm

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
I think that you may even receive a BP at the MEL check in desk.
Old Mar 7, 2024, 6:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: M&S
Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE
I have experienced issues on several airlines in SIN (other than Singapore Airlines) that I could check in online but not get a boarding pass due to some necessary document checks. in that case only service staff at the departure airport can issue the boarding pass. I would not risk that tight connection and take another flight to SIN.
Which destinations were you flying to?
Old Mar 8, 2024, 1:20 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Originally Posted by garbellinitj
Which destinations were you flying to?
Paris on AF and Amsterdam on KL - also seen on other reports. main reason is that security needs paper boarding passes to stamp for some airlines. With Air France I didn't get a boarding pass in the app, but on the website I could download a boarding pass to print out. That was rejected by SIN security because it didn't have a stamp of the airline (probably because of document check).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.