Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Schedule change on an award flight - What are my rights??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schedule change on an award flight - What are my rights??

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2024, 8:03 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Originally Posted by flyerby
This is extremely sad
What’s TK next step in case of schedule change? For a W booking class ticket, you’ll be able to only rebook into another flight with W class availability or get a full refund 😡
That post was pure sarcasm. After schedule change handling has been downgraded for both J upgrades and award tickets, the only type of ticket that TK still hasn’t massed with is revenue ones. Stay tuned because after TK reads my post, I’m sure that someone at TK will think that it is a great idea to improve TK.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 2:47 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
the magic word for the agents to understand is that it is an "involuntary" change - once they have set this in their system lots of opportunities arise.
I had this game a few times on paid and award tickets. first they always claim that there is no availability in the fare bucket - only after they added the involuntary note in the reservation i could get what I wanted without further hesitation
Usually agents just think you make a voluntary rebooking (the usual process they handle all day long) - and for voluntary changes more restrictions are available which are voided when the rebooking is involuntary (cancelled flight, schedule change)

just make sure that they understand that it is not a voluntary rebooking but involuntary.

The reissued tickets contain the INVOL comment in the endorsement comment.

SQ025 and MilanistaBaku like this.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 2:50 am

Programs: TK EP, AF Platinum for life, something in Oneworld not worth to mention...
Originally Posted by flyerby
Stay tuned because after TK reads my post, I’m sure that someone at TK will think that it is a great idea to improve TK.
Relax, TK never reads any posts, otherwise they eventually would have improved something...
ffay005 likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 2:51 am

Programs: TK EP, AF Platinum for life, something in Oneworld not worth to mention...
Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE
the magic word for the agents to understand is that it is an "involuntary" change - once they have set this in their system lots of opportunities arise.
I had this game a few times on paid and award tickets. first they always claim that there is no availability in the fare bucket - only after they added the involuntary note in the reservation i could get what I wanted without further hesitation
Usually agents just think you make a voluntary rebooking (the usual process they handle all day long) - and for voluntary changes more restrictions are available which are voided when the rebooking is involuntary (cancelled flight, schedule change)
Sadly not seems to be true any more... see my post above, with their official feedback cited..
Old Mar 11, 2024, 4:24 am

Originally Posted by kaspars
Sadly not seems to be true any more... see my post above, with their official feedback cited..
because they didn't understand that it is an involuntary rebooking due to schedule change.
I had these discusions over and over - and only once they acknowledged that it is involuntary everything was possible. typical case of HUCA.

and the issue of the OP had been resolved - so nothing has changed. you just need to hang on and keep claiming.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 4:38 am

because they didn't understand that it is an involuntary rebooking due to schedule change.
They perfectly understood. 2 calls with different agents, and 2 feedback form exchanges. Have you tried this after M^S program change, with different outcome?
Old Mar 11, 2024, 5:09 am

They perfectly understood. 2 calls with different agents, and 2 feedback form exchanges. Have you tried this after M^S program change, with different outcome?
Well TK fixed the issue for the OP that had the schedule change after the devaluation - it's a bit PITA, but will work out. Agents might be afraid to rebook you accordingly by waiving fees and boooking class changes.

According to Turkish passenger rights the airline has to accomodate you accordingly - there is no distinction betwwen paid and reward tickets. The only provision is that you have a valid ticket for travel.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 5:17 am

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Relax, TK never reads any posts, otherwise they eventually would have improved something...
Surprisingly they do, I once got a DM here on FT from them, reacting to something I posted, explaining they fixed it and even offering a compensation. I was quite impressed, especially since it's TK!
f0zzyNUE likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by the810
Surprisingly they do, I once got a DM here on FT from them, reacting to something I posted, explaining they fixed it and even offering a compensation. I was quite impressed, especially since it's TK!
hehehe... at least it was for your benefit. Me, in all my around 15 years of EP experience, I only can recall 1 case of them going the extra mile and providing exceptional service, and not via FT publication.

The rest usually was useless, frustrating, template-repeating, incompetent (pick one or two).

However, so far it always ended up with what I wanted, even if the waiting/calling/form shifting lasted up to 4 weeks. Except for last invol change - after program enhancement where I was put in a "take-it-or-leave-it" position for the change, despite having multiple options available...
Old Mar 11, 2024, 12:29 pm

hehehe... at least it was for your benefit. Me, in all my around 15 years of EP experience, I only can recall 1 case of them going the extra mile and providing exceptional service, and not via FT publication.

The rest usually was useless, frustrating, template-repeating, incompetent (pick one or two).

However, so far it always ended up with what I wanted, even if the waiting/calling/form shifting lasted up to 4 weeks. Except for last invol change - after program enhancement where I was put in a "take-it-or-leave-it" position for the change, despite having multiple options available...
did you call the dedicated elite plus hotline in turkey?
what exactly was your case? a cancelled flight or a schedule change (if schedule change - how many hours was the flight moved?)

Last edited by f0zzyNUE; Mar 11, 2024 at 12:47 pm
Old Mar 12, 2024, 2:16 am

did you call the dedicated elite plus hotline in turkey?
what exactly was your case? a cancelled flight or a schedule change (if schedule change - how many hours was the flight moved?)
Yes, I am fully aware of the invol change process and have done it multiple times in the past 10 years or so. See my post above for more details
Old Mar 12, 2024, 2:22 am

Yes, I am fully aware of the invol change process and have done it multiple times in the past 10 years or so. See my post above for more details
but you still have not answered what kind of irregularity you had that they would not resolve to your satisfaction?

was ist a below 15 minute schedule change or a schedule change by a few hours or a real cancellation?
I can only imagine that they won't accomodate rebookings with minor schedule changes - but cancellations are a whole other story.

https://www.btres.com/Response/Advis...S_TICKETED.pdf - that's the known rebooking policy upon schedule change.

and that is the official policy regarding passenger rights published by Turkish Airlines
https://cdn.turkishairlines.com/m/27...NG-ee-copy.PDF

Regarding delays (I guess schedule changes are treated as delays if you are on the same flight number - otherwise it is cancellation of original flight) - only with changes +/-5 hours will grant you free rebooking - otherwise it is rebooking according to fare rules of the ticket.

Last edited by f0zzyNUE; Mar 12, 2024 at 2:49 am
Old Mar 12, 2024, 2:50 am

but you still have not answered what kind of irregularity had that they would not resolve to your satisfaction?

was ist a below 15 minute schedule change or a schedule change by a few hours or a real cancellation?.
Yes, invol schedule change for more than 15 minutes for I class business saver award ticket. I don't recall exactly how much was it but significant enough to apply the standard procedure. Which they apparently have changed after the program devaluation.
Old Mar 12, 2024, 3:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
In the past I had 40% off TK promotional awards invol. rebooked to high season in July (but with promotional awards available for my travel dates), including change of origin (from RIX to CPH) due to schedule changes of more than 15min. I don't count on being able to accomplish that again.
63K miles+tax for CPH-BOG r/t in I class during summer holidays was amazing value.
Old Mar 12, 2024, 3:13 am

Originally Posted by SK AAR
I don't count on being able to accomplish that again.
Yes, I agree... the good old times are gone - it seems forever...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.