Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge access from A gates at SFO

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2024, 10:14 pm
Original Poster

Lounge access from A gates at SFO

I'll be traveling from SFO-IST in business class with Turkish Airlines. Noticed that a few of the early afternoon flights depart out of the A gates, as opposed to the G gates at the SFO International Terminal. What lounge access do they provide under these circumstances where the United Polaris Lounge is not available?
Old Feb 16, 2024, 4:45 pm

I’m currently at Polaris lounge now at G gates which is the lounge Turkish uses. I was told both flights now leave from A gates so you’ll have to go through security 2x. If you have pre check they can add your number at check in which would help with security.
Old Feb 18, 2024, 7:55 pm

Programs: TK Elite
Any idea if they have a contracted lounge for *G economy pax that don't have Polaris lounge access? Or would you have to use the United club and go back through security again?

Last edited by SevenandForty; Feb 18, 2024 at 7:55 pm Reason: additional detail
Old Feb 19, 2024, 9:17 pm

Programs: 1K 2.2MM
Originally Posted by SevenandForty
Any idea if they have a contracted lounge for *G economy pax that don't have Polaris lounge access? Or would you have to use the United club and go back through security again?
In G gates, *G can use any United Lounge...there are 3 other than Polaris. If A gates, pretty sure you can use the very mediocre Air China Lounge for any Star flight that leaves from A. The Air France takes Priority Pass when it's not crowded.
Old Feb 20, 2024, 1:20 am

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by 1k-all-the-way
In G gates, *G can use any United Lounge...there are 3 other than Polaris. If A gates, pretty sure you can use the very mediocre Air China Lounge for any Star flight that leaves from A. The Air France takes Priority Pass when it's not crowded.
I don't believe there is an Air China lounge at SFO, just the China Airlines Dynasty lounge. Also IIRC they removed AF/KLM from PP after the renovation last year; the PP lounges at SFO on the A gates side are the aforementioned China Airlines, Virgin Atlantic, and Golden Gate lounges, but all three of them supposedly also close to Priority Pass in the evenings because of crowding.
Old Mar 4, 2024, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by iker
I'll be traveling from SFO-IST in business class with Turkish Airlines. Noticed that a few of the early afternoon flights depart out of the A gates, as opposed to the G gates at the SFO International Terminal. What lounge access do they provide under these circumstances where the United Polaris Lounge is not available?
Polaris lounge is accessible to those flying TK out of SFO, you just need to clear security again. With precheck it really isn't that bad. Don't forget the cc you used for your booking if you booked with TK direct, they need to see it!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.