Wiki Posts
Search

Newark check in

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2024, 12:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: NEXUS, UA Club
Newark check in

Hello. Does anyone know what time the check in desks open for Turkish at Newark Airport? My parents will be flying in a couple of weeks and I don’t want to drop them off too early if check in doesn’t open. My dad was thinking they should arrive three hours before their flight but I think two hours should probably be enough, since I don’t think there’s a lot of people at terminal B at that time, and I hear there’s nothing to do there if they arrive too early. They will be in economy, and they have global entry as well, so should have access to pre check if there is a lane for that. Thanks!

Last edited by Chiro1979; Jan 30, 2024 at 12:48 am
Old Jan 30, 2024, 5:48 am

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by Chiro1979
Hello. Does anyone know what time the check in desks open for Turkish at Newark Airport? My parents will be flying in a couple of weeks and I don’t want to drop them off too early if check in doesn’t open. My dad was thinking they should arrive three hours before their flight but I think two hours should probably be enough, since I don’t think there’s a lot of people at terminal B at that time, and I hear there’s nothing to do there if they arrive too early. They will be in economy, and they have global entry as well, so should have access to pre check if there is a lane for that. Thanks!
I flew out of EWR earlier this month and to put it mildly it wasn’t pleasant at all. TK doesn’t have enough contract ground staff there imho, so check in, even in J, took like 20 mins. The economy line looked massive, and I got to tseminal B about 2.5hrs before departure. Further, the tsa situation for the TK gates at that hour is less than ideal, with no real precheck or priority lines, I’d say it took over 30 mins for me. There are a surprising number of flights at that time
out of that concourse of terminal B (TK, EK, TP just to name a few), so I’d probably advise to arrive 3 hours before.
BearX220 likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2024, 8:37 am
Original Poster

Thanks. 3 hours it is then! I’ve only flown Turkish out of Toronto, and while I was in J, that experience was nothing like that. Yikes.
Old Jan 30, 2024, 12:28 pm

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by Chiro1979
Thanks. 3 hours it is then! I’ve only flown Turkish out of Toronto, and while I was in J, that experience was nothing like that. Yikes.
Aside from contracting a few more check in agents, there’s really not much else TK can do. The main issues with EWR are on the PANYNJ and TSA.
Old Jan 30, 2024, 1:50 pm

I’m on the flight tonight and can reply with my experience. From what I’ve read the check in desk opens 4 hrs before departure. I have to get there 8hrs before due to my flight schedule from home so I’ll be first in line but I’ll let you know.
Old Jan 30, 2024, 2:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sirtravellot
I’m on the flight tonight and can reply with my experience. From what I’ve read the check in desk opens 4 hrs before departure. I have to get there 8hrs before due to my flight schedule from home so I’ll be first in line but I’ll let you know.
Thank you very much!!
sirtravellot likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2024, 7:02 pm

Checkin opened at 810p. No lines no waiting at that time. Was at security shortly after and there was not a single other person at security. There is a “premium” line which includes Pre-Check. Pre-Check consists of a slip of paper the TSA agent gives that allows you the expedited procedures. Was at the SAS lounge by 830.
Chiro1979 likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2024, 9:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sirtravellot
Checkin opened at 810p. No lines no waiting at that time. Was at security shortly after and there was not a single other person at security. There is a “premium” line which includes Pre-Check. Pre-Check consists of a slip of paper the TSA agent gives that allows you the expedited procedures. Was at the SAS lounge by 830.
Thanks for the update. I really appreciate it!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.