Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where are my transfer miles ?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2023, 7:21 pm
Original Poster

Where are my transfer miles ?

On 12/18 I found a couple of award tickets for a business class flight on TK that I wanted to book. Since I need two tickets booked I called in to customer service and after the first one told me the flight I was requesting didn’t even exist, I called back and found a great rep that found the flight and got me booked. I paid the taxes via credit card and she agreed to wait while I transferred miles from Capital One to TK. After waiting for 10 minutes the miles never showed up in the TK account. The rep put a hold on the tickets that expires on Dec 21st and told me to call back once the miles transfer to complete the payment. So 28 hours have past and the miles are still not showing up in the TK account. According to Capital One they show the transfer should have gone through same day and it appears it did on their end

In reading some other posts it appears now that this miles transfer could take some time to show up in the TK account. How long am I looking at ? If it’s longer than the 1.5 days left I have on the ticket hold am I able to extend that hold out any longer since I’ve paid the taxes already or do I lose the entire booking? This is my first time dealing with TK and to say it’s been an experience is an understatement.

Last edited by Squirrelcop; Dec 19, 2023 at 7:27 pm
Old Dec 19, 2023, 7:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Squirrelcop
On 12/18 I found a couple of award tickets for a business class flight on TK that I wanted to book. Since I need two tickets booked I called in to customer service and after the first one told me the flight I was requesting didnt even exist, I called back and found a great rep that found the flight and got me booked. I paid the taxes via credit card and she agreed to wait while I transferred miles from Capital One to TK. After waiting for 10 minutes the miles never showed up in the TK account. The rep put a hold on the tickets that expires on Dec 21st and told me to call back once the miles transfer to complete the payment. So 28 hours have past and the miles are still not showing up in the TK account. According to Capital One they show the transfer should have gone through same day and it appears it did on their end

In reading some other posts it appears now that this miles transfer could take some time to show up in the TK account. How long am I looking at ? If its longer than the 1.5 days left I have on the ticket hold am I able to extend that hold out any longer since Ive paid the taxes already or do I lose the entire booking? This is my first time dealing with TK and to say its been an experience is an understatement.
Impossible to know if a TK or Capital One issue.
Look here ==>https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/capi...rds-miles-778/

Is this to a brand new TK freq flyer account? Or any history with TK ffp?
Names-details in both accounts *exactly* the same?

Some ffp's take a dim view of newbie's transferring credit card points in and immediately getting premium cabin awards.
Old Dec 20, 2023, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Squirrelcop
This is my first time dealing with TK and to say it’s been an experience is an understatement.
Welcome to FT.

If you'd found us much earlier, you'd be well aware that TK doesn't like brand new accounts receiving credit card points transfers to immediately redeem. And the customer service over the phone is terrible compared to what you might be accustomed to.

Cross your fingers and hope. Unfortunately your award hold may or may not be extended - it will depend on the agent you get when calling in tomorrow.
ffay005 likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2023, 6:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by craigthemif
Welcome to FT.

If you'd found us much earlier, you'd be well aware that TK doesn't like brand new accounts receiving credit card points transfers to immediately redeem. And the customer service over the phone is terrible compared to what you might be accustomed to.

Cross your fingers and hope. Unfortunately your award hold may or may not be extended - it will depend on the agent you get when calling in tomorrow.
Thank you for the reply. I called in this morning and was told I could not extend the hold. Finally at the 52 hour mark the points finally hit the TK account and I was able to call in and get the booking paid for. Lesson learned.
tmac100 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.