Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

I should know better, but knowledgable people please help, Kafkaesque.......

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2023, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

So I am supposed to have 4 E+ vouchers in my account, and am looking to fly with family in the next 2 months IST- to a destination in the US with more than one daily flight. So as I have wiggle room and can vary dates (and flights) I called up M&S to find out which flights have upgrade avails. First call, i got a moron who told me not only can they not tell me which flights have upgradeable seats, but they could not even tell me which ones have more J"J" available. HUACA. Second person much the same thing. HUACA. Third call: Smarter person, could tell me that certain flights are J9, great, so I ask if I can but the tickets right now and upgrade with my E+ vouchers AND miles (knowing that it is unlikely that I can do the E+ for another person), he informs me that I can indeed do so BUT that I have to purchase H or higher seats to do so, H is more than twice as expensive as V or whatever their cheapest rate is (at which point I would just buy an indirect Biz fare for the same price). Not only that, but since when have they done this? When I ask about miles, he does not sound to sure, and would have to check it out, I get off the phone. Fourth call, almost same as third call except I cannot use the second set of E+ vouchers on someone else, but does not seem to have the H class thing.

So what the hell are they up to and does anyone have any real advice and real world advice from the recent past, as we all know the 30 pages of the E+ thread have lots of changes and suppositions over the last 13 years or whatever.
Old Nov 15, 2023, 7:50 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by hfly
I cannot use the second set of E+ vouchers on someone else
IMHO this is correct - vouchers are for you and (this is relatively new) folks on your family account. It is all explained in the E+ voucher thread.
Old Nov 15, 2023, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Yes, yet I have gotten two answers on this, what about the whole V/H thing and E+ vouchers vs Miles upgrades? I have not redeemed any since before Covid, and this was never ever as messed up as it is now.
Old Nov 15, 2023, 9:17 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
This is great. On the same day, 2 people open different thread and talk about H class and E+ vouchers. What are the odds?
And it let me wonder what’s wrong with the “Elite Plus upgrade voucher” thread that fellow FT don’t want to use it?
Old Nov 15, 2023, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Well flyerby, I have me in and around that thread for more than a decade now, and honestly most of the time I just igno9re it. As I have two current or even "new" data points that are really really current, and considering the fact that I have been and most importantly "known to have been" one of the "godfathers" of the TK Forum for almost 2 decades, I thought my issues would be better addressed by a new and current thread, rather than have it ignored by t hose that might have knowledge and answered by those who will start explaining what a married segment is, or K class or whatever, when neither apply to my situation.
Old Nov 15, 2023, 1:15 pm

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
I still think you should have gone the ordinary way, put your question in the thread that is intended for such questions or at least open a new thread with a meaningful title, even if you are the godfather of the TK forum or especially because you are.
AfterHour likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.