Wiki Posts
Search

Delay in opening flights schedule?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2023, 4:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Delay in opening flights schedule?

It seems the Turkish availability has stopped on October 26, 2024 and there are no flights opened after that (of course I need a flight on October 27, 2024).

It is true for award and paid flights (for every combination I've checked). This has been the case for almost a week now, while in the past availability would extended day by day.

Someone forgot to publish the new availability or something else is going on (maybe winter calendar for next year is nor finalized)?
Old Nov 15, 2023, 5:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
26 Oct is the end of NS24 schedule? That could the reason, i.e. TK has not released the NW24/25 schedule yet. Just be patient/there is plenty of time until Oct. 2024...
Old Nov 15, 2023, 5:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SK AAR
26 Oct is the end of NS24 schedule? That could the reason, i.e. TK has not released the NW24/25 schedule yet. Just be patient/there is plenty of time until Oct. 2024...
I figured that might be the case. However when one hunts the illusive Europe-US award ticket every day counts as soon the other alternatives (which are open for booking) will dry up.
Old Nov 15, 2023, 5:57 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Take into account that the award inventory does not have to follow revenue inventory. Sometimes there’s a delay from the time TK introduce new revenue inventory till they release award one.
Old Nov 15, 2023, 8:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyerby
Take into account that the award inventory does not have to follow revenue inventory. Sometimes there’s a delay from the time TK introduce new revenue inventory till they release award one.
That can always be the case. However, tracking day by day leading to the edge, it has opened every day as expected (or rather desired).
Old Nov 15, 2023, 9:20 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer
That can always be the case. However, tracking day by day leading to the edge, it has opened every day as expected (or rather desired).
In the past, when I tracked the end of the window, it wasn’t always the same.
Old Nov 15, 2023, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Also for a far day in the future, TK's revenue maximization algorhythm might decide not to open promotional award seats at all on certain conditions just when the schedule opens.

TK does not have a similar structure like some other airlines such as BA, where a set number of reward seats open when the schedule is available to be booked.
Old Nov 28, 2023, 11:18 am
Original Poster

For the data point - the flights opened today - but of course nothing at the saver rate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.