Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Medium haul amenities kits

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2023, 4:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: QR Silver, TK Elite+, Accor Gold, Mariott Platinum Elite, Hilton Diamond and IHG Diamond Ambassador
Medium haul amenities kits

Hello,

I am wondering if anyone knows what is the rule regarding the availability of the medium haul amenity kits which are pouches with Turkey inspired prints and include eye mask, ear plugs, socks and lip balm. I usually get them on medium haul flights up to 8:00h (MCT,DAC,KWI,RAK) departing late in the night. I am just wondering if they are also available on shorter up to 3 hours flights (TBS,GYD) and what is the time frame when they given?

Regards
DC10
Old Oct 9, 2023, 4:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
As a reference point I didn't get any to TBS or Tashkent (flight to TAS is much longer than to GYD); the latter was a 4-5 hour night flight in C/J.

EDIT: I might be wrong about TAS. Admittedly, I'm not sure if a small amenity kit was handed out or not, so I might have been too quick to rule it out for TAS. Sorry.

Last edited by SK AAR; Oct 10, 2023 at 9:24 am
Old Oct 9, 2023, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by SK AAR
As a reference point I didn't get any to TBS or Tashkent (flight to TAS is much longer than to GYD); the latter was a 4-5 hour night flight in C/J.
Thats interesting - when I flew to Tashkent in 2022 I did get them in both directions.

Ive never had them on flights less than 4hrs.
Old Oct 9, 2023, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Also on the other hand, London does not get it despite the block time is slightly over 4 hours.
The shortest route that I got those amenity kits were Istanbul - Almaty and that was pre-COVID.
Old Oct 10, 2023, 8:31 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
The shortest route that I got those amenity kits were Istanbul - Almaty and that was pre-COVID.
Still handed out in March 2023 on IST <> ALA
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2023, 2:16 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by B7474U3
I’ve never had them on flights less than 4hrs.
I got one both ways to and from JED in March. Flight time definitely less than 4 hours.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.