Wiki Posts
Search

EU261 with TK

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2023, 11:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: Turkish Airlines Gold
EU261 with TK

If I fly EU -> IST -> Non EU and the IST to Non EU flight is delayed is EU261 applicable since the ticket originated in EU?
Old Oct 3, 2023, 12:16 pm

If the whole booking is on one PNR and you calculated based on the arrival time of your last leg, then yes.
Old Oct 3, 2023, 2:48 pm

Programs: Flying Blue (Platinum), Eurobonus (Diamond), Marriott (Titatinum), British Airways Exec Club (Gold)
Originally Posted by 89703511961
If I fly EU -> IST -> Non EU and the IST to Non EU flight is delayed is EU261 applicable since the ticket originated in EU?
I had de sale case recently and, yes, you’re eligible.

But that’s not going to be easy.

At my first request TK offered me to join they loyalty program and compensate me with points. I declined and asked for cash. Still waiting for a response 10 days later.
Old Oct 4, 2023, 1:47 am

I also filed an EU261 complaint yesterday. Directly stated that I’m looking for a cash refund

Let‘s see what happens.
Old Oct 4, 2023, 4:45 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
BTW, Turkey has a similar compensation program for delayed/cancelled flights.
see https://web.shgm.gov.tr/doc4/shy-passenger.pdf
Old Oct 15, 2023, 2:35 am

After 11 days, I received an answer. Being offered 15k miles, absolutely ridiculous.

Clearly asked for my money now. If TK doesn’t comply, I will have this settled by lawyers. This is a clear sign of very bad customer service…
Old Oct 15, 2023, 5:32 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by 89703511961
Yes. They paid me 600 EUR when my IST-TPE was delayed 4+ hours (itinerary was HEL-IST-TPE). The process was a bit complicated but in the end, it worked out nicely.

Originally Posted by bduperrin
At my first request TK offered me to join they loyalty program and compensate me with points. I declined and asked for cash. Still waiting for a response 10 days later.
This is their initial response. If you decline and repeat that you want the cash, they will present you with more options (more miles, status miles, credit voucher or cash). At least that is what they did with me last summer, and seems to be the case for many others, too.
Old Jan 2, 2024, 7:05 am

Programs: TK EP, AF Platinum for life, something in Oneworld not worth to mention...
Originally Posted by ffay005
Yes. They paid me 600 EUR when my IST-TPE was delayed 4+ hours (itinerary was HEL-IST-TPE). The process was a bit complicated but in the end, it worked out nicely.

This is their initial response. If you decline and repeat that you want the cash, they will present you with more options (more miles, status miles, credit voucher or cash). At least that is what they did with me last summer, and seems to be the case for many others, too.
confirming in my case as well.
ffay005 likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 4:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP
We flew HEL-IST-TPE with a delay of about 5 hours arriving in to TPE. Sent the feed back and got a reply within 48 hours offering 30k miles each. Responded that we would prefer cash, will see what they come back with next.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by SAN_Finn
We flew HEL-IST-TPE with a delay of about 5 hours arriving in to TPE. Sent the feed back and got a reply within 48 hours offering 30k miles each. Responded that we would prefer cash, will see what they come back with next.
my brother in law and my sister both got offered either 42.000 miles or 18.000 status miles or 600€ cash or 720€ travel voucher - after insisting that 30.000 bonus miles were a joke and they"d prefer either the double amount 60.000 miles or cash they got this extended offer.
Old Jan 5, 2024, 12:29 am

Yeah, this is how it goes. Then you pick option 4, which is the cash. They send you a sort of voucher code, and then you send this code together with your bank details and a copy of your passport to your local TK office. In some countries, I believe they can also hand out the payment in cash at their office.

You need to jump through several hoops in order to get your money, and I suppose many people drop out of the process at some stage, which is why they make it so complicated. But once you have your templates written, it is actually fairly easy, They copy and paste their replies to you, and you just copy and paste the template to them and proceed to the next stage.
Old Jan 5, 2024, 1:01 am

Originally Posted by ffay005
Yeah, this is how it goes. Then you pick option 4, which is the cash. They send you a sort of voucher code, and then you send this code together with your bank details and a copy of your passport to your local TK office. In some countries, I believe they can also hand out the payment in cash at their office.

You need to jump through several hoops in order to get your money, and I suppose many people drop out of the process at some stage, which is why they make it so complicated. But once you have your templates written, it is actually fairly easy, They copy and paste their replies to you, and you just copy and paste the template to them and proceed to the next stage.
well, as a savy traveller I would pick the bonus miles as they are very hard to gain or the travel voucher for future travel.
Old Jan 5, 2024, 1:54 am

Yeah, you can pick any of the four options that suits your situation the best.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 5:04 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1K
Successfully claimed last year. Many hoops to jump through, but with persistance, you'll get your monies. From memory it was around 8 weeks from the inital claim to the money being in my bank.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 6:04 am

That sounds slow. I am based in Finland and have Elite status, and all my three claims last year took 2-2.5 weeks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.