Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

TK extending status for 3 months ( Glitch or unannounced extension ? )

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2023, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold

While I was checking the counter for my miles earned, I have realized that my year end has moved 3 months later than it should be and my digital card expiry date has also been updated accordingly. Respectively my flights within the 3 months after my requalification now doesn't show up on the counter.

A relative, who is Elite, also has the same situation where his card expiry has moved 3 months later and his flights within the 3 months after his requalification doesn't show up on the counter.

Both the TK app and the website is showing the same thing.
Is anyone else facing similar issues with the system?
Old Mar 5, 2023, 5:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
I wouldn't call it an issue - both mine and my daughter show the same, now our year ends on 31-12.
Old Mar 5, 2023, 7:23 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
I don't see that on mine - luckily.

I have flights that would renew my status two weeks after the status will expire (by design), and it would be a major issue if the status will be extended, and those flights would not count towards renewal.
Old Mar 5, 2023, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer
I don't see that on mine - luckily.

I have flights that would renew my status two weeks after the status will expire (by design), and it would be a major issue if the status will be extended, and those flights would not count towards renewal.
I can see that can be an issue for you - for us, I re-qualified, so no issues. For my daughter, she is happy to have 3 months longer to re-qualify.
Old Mar 5, 2023, 12:48 pm

Mine is still June 30th, as it used to be.
Old Mar 6, 2023, 12:07 am

Programs: TK E+
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
While I was checking the counter for my miles earned, I have realized that my year end has moved 3 months later than it should be and my digital card expiry date has also been updated accordingly. Respectively my flights within the 3 months after my requalification now doesn't show up on the counter.

A relative, who is Elite, also has the same situation where his card expiry has moved 3 months later and his flights within the 3 months after his requalification doesn't show up on the counter.

Both the TK app and the website is showing the same thing.
Is anyone else facing similar issues with the system?
I checked my account after your message, the same situation is affecting my account as well. The expiry date has been moved 3 months later than the normal renewal date. At the same time, the status miles of my flights within the 3 months after my requalification do not show up on the counter. It's as if a retroactive 3-month extension has been made before requalification date. Have you talked to customer service about this issue?
Old Mar 6, 2023, 7:37 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
I just checked and I have the same "new" year end date I got when status was extended. Originally I had June, after the extension I was moved to January. No other change at the moment.
Old Mar 6, 2023, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
No change here.

But no flights for me in the current requalification period.
Old Mar 6, 2023, 4:13 pm

Programs: TK E+, AC 25K, A3 S, UA S, BoNVoY TE
No Change. Still showing exp 07/2024. E+ in my first year of renewal. An extension now would eliminate 10,000+ miles earned last Aug/Sep that I need toward renewing in year 1.
Are there any trends between those in their 1st vs 2nd qualification year?
Old Mar 7, 2023, 7:17 am

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, TK*G E+, ALL/Accor Plat
Also no change from expiry on 08/2023 for E+. For me, a further 3 month extension would reek of a scam to avoid allocating upgrade vouchers once again. I did not need the last extension which was imposed unilaterally by TK.
Old Mar 8, 2023, 7:58 am

Programs: TK E+ | HHD | Marriott TE LTG | etc.
Originally Posted by FlyTK
I checked my account after your message, the same situation is affecting my account as well. The expiry date has been moved 3 months later than the normal renewal date. At the same time, the status miles of my flights within the 3 months after my requalification do not show up on the counter. It's as if a retroactive 3-month extension has been made before requalification date. Have you talked to customer service about this issue?
We're in the same boat. My expiry date has been moved from March,31 to June,30 and I lost my ~18,000 E+ status miles of my first year (37,000 to 19,000).
I opened a case for the situation and requested to get back my original start/end date. Because, I was only 3,000 SMs short for renew my E+ and planned to convert my bonus miles to status miles with 5:1 ratio.

Two different CS agents told me "you're in your second year now" which is also interesting.
Old Mar 9, 2023, 3:08 am

Programs: TK E+
Today, I came across the announcement on the Miles&Smiles Instagram account. Due to the devastating earthquake disaster, the status of members living in Turkey was extended for 3 months. But as far as I understand, instead of extending the status, they shifted the start date for 3 months. This will cause loss for some members. I hope they fix this problem by extending instead of shifting.
Old Mar 9, 2023, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by pencereamelesi
We're in the same boat. My expiry date has been moved from March,31 to June,30 and I lost my ~18,000 E+ status miles of my first year (37,000 to 19,000).
I opened a case for the situation and requested to get back my original start/end date. Because, I was only 3,000 SMs short for renew my E+ and planned to convert my bonus miles to status miles with 5:1 ratio.

Two different CS agents told me "you're in your second year now" which is also interesting.
Originally Posted by FlyTK
Today, I came across the announcement on the Miles&Smiles Instagram account. Due to the devastating earthquake disaster, the status of members living in Turkey was extended for 3 months. But as far as I understand, instead of extending the status, they shifted the start date for 3 months. This will cause loss for some members. I hope they fix this problem by extending instead of shifting.
While I appreciate what TK did here as the earthquake was tragic, it looks like it's another case where someone from TK pressed the button without thinking about the consequences.
I hope that they fix the issue since I also have a significant percentage of status miles within my first 3 months of renewal.
Old Mar 9, 2023, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Fortunately I have not been given this "bonus", the last "bonus" robbed me of Elite Plus vouchers.
PVDtoDEL likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2023, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hfly
Fortunately I have not been given this "bonus", the last "bonus" robbed me of Elite Plus vouchers.
Today, I got an e-mail from TK that my second year Elite Plus vouchers were extended by 3 months. I am currently in my first year so this means that they have extended the validity of an Elite Plus voucher that I'll receive in 2024 by 3 months and I would receive the subsequent set 3 months later than original.

Not complaining since I can't estimate when and where I'll use my 2024 vouchers, but at least it's nice that they informed us via e-mail so similar to COVID-19, there wouldn't be any voucher disappearing situations

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.