Search

AC accrual on US-CAN routes

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2023, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
AC accrual on US-CAN routes

Any recent experience with that? I can't see that term in M&S.
Old Jan 19, 2023, 3:13 pm

Programs: TK E+, AC 25K, A3 S, UA S, BoNVoY TE
Originally Posted by nacho
Any recent experience with that? I can't see that term in M&S.
Credits as international according to fare class. My November IAD-YYZ flight on AC, G fare (Economy - Standard), earned the min 250 miles. Posted within 2 days. The connecting domestic segment earned 0. Not sure what would have happened if it was an "Economy - Basic" fare in the same bucket. There is a thread in the Aegean M&B forum discussion issues with AC branded fares that either post incorrectly (or not at all). YMMV.

Last edited by YOW_RTW; Jan 19, 2023 at 3:21 pm
Old Jan 19, 2023, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thanks! It's that AC or AC Jazz?
Old Jan 19, 2023, 3:23 pm

It was AC Jazz. I have never had any issues with AC flights operated by either Jazz or Rouge crediting to TK or A3 (if the fare class/route was eligible for mileage).
Old Jan 19, 2023, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I flew domestic ac g class last year and I put my TK info in. The BP had my TK number and it was never credited (I have never received any email showing you earn 0 miles for this flight).

I tried to do a retro claim and it didn't go through so I decided to credit into UA instead.
Old Jan 19, 2023, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by nacho
I flew domestic ac g class last year and I put my TK info in. The BP had my TK number and it was never credited (I have never received any email showing you earn 0 miles for this flight).

I tried to do a retro claim and it didn't go through so I decided to credit into UA instead.
The domestic leg did not post,but I was not expecting it to post given the terms (no credit for domestic flights on lower fares: K,S,T,L,G). To be clear, there was no physical indication of '0' credit in my account or via email.
Old Jan 20, 2023, 5:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by YOW_RTW
The domestic leg did not post,but I was not expecting it to post given the terms (no credit for domestic flights on lower fares: K,S,T,L,G). To be clear, there was no physical indication of '0' credit in my account or via email.
Interesting. Several years back I did SN K/L class which gives 0 too TK. We got emails for miles transaction stating that we get 0.
Old Jan 31, 2023, 6:42 am
SCS

I had a G class AC fare this week that posted as 125 miles instead of 250. That implies that it was incorrectly coded as K. I imagine it's not worth the hassle to try to fight it, but if anyone can recommend a low-effort course of action, I'd be curious to hear.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.