Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ex-Aeroflot A350 Routes?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2023, 2:22 pm

Flew an Aeroflot A350 IST-YUL. WiFi didn't work. I liked the seat features well enough, but the cabin was kept so hot that I wondered whether the doors made it worse. We didn't think the seat was very comfortable to sleep on, even with the mattress pad. Our most immediate points of comparison were SQ 777 bulkhead J and United Polaris.
Old Sep 1, 2023, 9:55 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Are these ex-Aeroflot A350s ever used on the PTY route?
Old Sep 5, 2023, 9:47 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, AA Exec Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, United 1K
Based on the recent routings; most of the long haul flights have been to Chicago, Atlanta, Jakarta and Cape Town. There's been San Francisco, Manila and Vancouver from time to time too. Atlanta is dropping as of next week though.
Old Sep 12, 2023, 9:31 am

Programs: M&M FTL, TK*EPL, A3*G, HH Diamond
Hey guys, does anyone who managed to fly on ex-AFL A350 can tell, if they assign the ex-AFL (7 row Business) right before the flight or it's decided long time before?
I'm planning to go from CGK to IST in February and I've noticed it's 8 row business all the time so I'm wondering if there's a significant chance or not so much?
Does anyone have any experience with that?

thanks
Old Sep 12, 2023, 4:40 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, AA Exec Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, United 1K
Originally Posted by pull_over
Hey guys, does anyone who managed to fly on ex-AFL A350 can tell, if they assign the ex-AFL (7 row Business) right before the flight or it's decided long time before?
I'm planning to go from CGK to IST in February and I've noticed it's 8 row business all the time so I'm wondering if there's a significant chance or not so much?
Does anyone have any experience with that?

thanks
I would not plan a trip on the likelihood of getting an ex-AFL A350. I flew IST-ATL last week, it was a 1pm flight. Until 5am that morning, it was showing the ex-AFL with 7 rows, and literally in the next few hours, they changed the plane back to a regular A350. My plane departed for SFO I had planned this trip to only fly this plane though.
Old Sep 13, 2023, 1:08 pm

Programs: M&M FTL, TK*EPL, A3*G, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by flyjfk
I would not plan a trip on the likelihood of getting an ex-AFL A350. I flew IST-ATL last week, it was a 1pm flight. Until 5am that morning, it was showing the ex-AFL with 7 rows, and literally in the next few hours, they changed the plane back to a regular A350. My plane departed for SFO I had planned this trip to only fly this plane though.
Thank you so much for the information. That's what I expected, unfortunately, but since I'm super flexible on the dates or point of departure I was curious if it's worth to go through all the CGK/SGN/MNL schedule.
In this case I'm gonna book the random date and keep my fingers crossed.
Thanks again, I hope you'll be luckier next time. It's indeed beautiful.
Old Sep 16, 2023, 12:18 pm

Programs: AA 1MM GLD, Hertz #1 Gold, bunch of other programs w/no status
I am on a IST-SFO A350 flight which switched to 7 row Biz a few days ago. My seat assignments remained the same. My flight is in a few days so hopefully no change until then. I have EF set to send an aircraft change alert.
Old Sep 19, 2023, 9:48 pm

Hi! We flew SGN-IST 6 June this year (2 pax, different PNRs). Both elite+. We flew economy class this time. Plane changed to ex-aeroflot 3 or 4 days before. No "premium" availability online. Asked at checkin at SGN, still no "premium" availability. We asked for an emergency seat - and got that, even though it came up as occupied 3 days prior. Unlike Turkish A350 that has only 2 seats in the emergency row, ex aeroflot has 3 emergency seats in that row. We got the row of 3 to ourselfes - that was a really great product with one empty middle seat with "unlimited" legroom. Note: Window seat in emergency row somewhat cramped, but if you have an emty middle seat that does not matter as you can position yourself slightly to the left/right.

Last edited by Vietjan; Sep 19, 2023 at 9:57 pm
Old Sep 20, 2023, 12:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
The emergency exit row seats were most likely blocked until check-in became possible; hence you saw the seats occupied 3 days before your flight.

When in economy it is always worth to ask at check-in or the gate if Em Exits seats are available, in particular as TK Elite.
Old Dec 31, 2023, 3:46 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
FWIW, I went looking for a list of routes for summer 2024 and found this preliminary list: https://www.aeroroutes.com/eng/231107-tkns24359.
Old Jan 5, 2024, 3:54 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire, AAdvantage Platinum, Air Canada 25K
that was extremely helpful dkc192
Old Mar 23, 2024, 2:15 am

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver
I had booked the BER-IST scheduled to be flown by the ex-aeroflot A350 for October. I am seeing that it is now operated by 333. Hopefully, they put back the A350 again
Old Mar 28, 2024, 4:59 am

We are flying TK79 and TK80 IST-SFO in June/July and i prepaid the "comfort class" economy seats.
I am however a bit nervous around the particular aircraft that will be serving our flights, and even if the aircraft is the right one, we are still going to get what we have paid for, and not going to be bumped to regular economy, as i have read many stories of TK losing the or mixing up or bumping off already sold seats..
Old Mar 28, 2024, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was happy to have been booked on one of the Turkoflot A350's recently, I checked in a few hours before my flight and saw that my a/c had changed from a 777 to an A350 with the Turkoflot configuration. Of course heartbroken a few hours later when I saw a 777 at the gate, and they had changed it back! For those who keep asking, there is NEVER a guarantee of these a/c until you show up!
Old Mar 28, 2024, 12:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by hfly
I was happy to have been booked on one of the Turkoflot A350's recently, I checked in a few hours before my flight and saw that my a/c had changed from a 777 to an A350 with the Turkoflot configuration. Of course heartbroken a few hours later when I saw a 777 at the gate, and they had changed it back! For those who keep asking, there is NEVER a guarantee of these a/c until you show up!
Which route/flight was this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.