Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

IST to East Asia flights being consistently late

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2022, 9:14 pm
Original Poster

Before COVID, have noticed that TK70 IST to HKG were late on occasions, where a 0200 departure inevitably became a 0600 or 0700 departure as somehow with aircraft rotations they had to wait for one flight from East Asia to land first before turning it around (I have been on such a flight myself). These days, notice that more than half of TK70 are like this, and this is happening to other flights to Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Taipei, Seoul and etc. as well, though not as frequently as TK70. Any insights ?
Old Jul 14, 2022, 2:13 am

Originally Posted by zhaobao
Before COVID, have noticed that TK70 IST to HKG were late on occasions, where a 0200 departure inevitably became a 0600 or 0700 departure as somehow with aircraft rotations they had to wait for one flight from East Asia to land first before turning it around (I have been on such a flight myself). These days, notice that more than half of TK70 are like this, and this is happening to other flights to Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Taipei, Seoul and etc. as well, though not as frequently as TK70. Any insights ?
In the Turkish Aviation thread on Airliners.net it was suggested that the 777s were being used on domestic / regional flights which don’t quite fit in the schedule well which then made them late for their East Asia flights (which have a long turnaround in East Asia so could then return to Istanbul on time).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.