Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

New: part-payment of flights with miles (Cash&Miles)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2022, 9:30 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum

With Cash&Miles feature available only on our website and mobile application, you may pay a part of your ticket with Miles and continue to earn Miles from your flight. You can use our payment method Cash&Miles that is an additional privilege that provides a channel to redeem and earn Miles at the same time for paid tickets which can be purchased on our website and mobile application with your membership login. Combine Miles with credit card in your paid tickets and earn Miles as usual.
https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-i...IyMjgzMDM3MAS2
Old Apr 26, 2022, 6:19 pm

Programs: VA Platinum, SQ Gold, TK Gold, Hhonors Gold, Accor Plus Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Premium
I just did a dummy booking - I'm not sure if the redemption rates will vary based upon status, class or travel, destinations etc - but with my sample booking it valued miles at $0.0075 per mile. You can compare this to the expired miles redemption rate of $0.01 per mile.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 6:31 pm

Programs: Miles and Smiles Elite Plus, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
I was wondering what functionality has changed since they updated the design of the web site.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 2:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by sydunipete
I just did a dummy booking - I'm not sure if the redemption rates will vary based upon status, class or travel, destinations etc - but with my sample booking it valued miles at $0.0075 per mile. You can compare this to the expired miles redemption rate of $0.01 per mile.
That is very low. Also when compared to the 3 cent price of buying them. (or 1.7 cents with the 75% bonus)

But for soon-to-expire miles, that might be a welcome function. Perhaps also for those chasing status who prefer to recycle miles into paid tickets rather than book award flights...
sydunipete likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 7:09 am

Programs: TK EP, AF Platinum for life, something in Oneworld not worth to mention...
Originally Posted by craigthemif
But for soon-to-expire miles, that might be a welcome function. .
I think better value still would be to pay taxes with miles for award tickets
Old Apr 27, 2022, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by kaspars
I think better value still would be to pay taxes with miles for award tickets
Of course... but every December we see a bunch of threads complaining about soon-to-expire miles. Then from February onwards a bunch of threads about how to change award tickets involving expired miles. So people clearly aren't always able to extract maximum value from booking award tickets within the 3-year validity of their miles...

"Better value" also requires that you find award space. Sometimes you just want to travel on specific dates and being able to reduce the cost by redeeming miles can work for some...
Old Apr 27, 2022, 11:29 am

Programs: TK EP, AF Platinum for life, something in Oneworld not worth to mention...
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Of course... but every December we see a bunch of threads complaining about soon-to-expire miles. Then from February onwards a bunch of threads about how to change award tickets involving expired miles.
Agree fully, but in such case investing in restoring the miles for a fee is much more reasonable and cheaper option...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.