Wiki Posts
Search

Turkish Airlines (J) & (K)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2022, 7:05 pm
Original Poster

Turkish Airlines (J) & (K)

Dear fellow travelers,

I am wondering if any of you have had the same situation as me as written below.

I bought a business class round ticket (J) from Singapore to Copenhagen via Istanbul for November 2022 with a stop over. in Istanbul. When I bought the ticket on Jan 2022, I was not given an option on choosing a Vaccinated Travel Lane (VTL) flight for going to back to Singapore. It was only on 17th Feb 2022 that TK updated on their website on the availability of the VTL fliight which is on every Sunday. My return flight to Singapore is on a Friday. Hence, I called the Customer Service through the office in Singapore and told them I wanted to change my NON VTL flight to a VTL flight but it came at a cost of 577USD, which I told them it was not fair for me as I was never given a chance to to choose a VTL flight and it was only made known on their website after I bought the ticket. The lady customer service agent told me she has no choice as the ticket I had was a J type and the price quoted to me was a K type.. She suggested that I wait it our for a few months and see, since rules can change in between.

I would like to hear your advice and opinions on how you will handle this issue. Also, can anybody teach me based on TK's J & K type tickets.

Cheers,
Adrian
Old Mar 3, 2022, 12:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Welcome to FT!

TK K class is higher (and more expensive) than J class - J class is no longer bookable, that is why you have been told to pay add. fare for K class. As your travel is not imminent, I agree that you should wait to see if J class becomes available or the rules change. For Nov. 2022 flights there is no need to rebook now.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 1:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Wait and see. I would be surprised if Singapore was still bothering with VTL flights in November 2022. At the very least, far more TK flights should qualify...
Old Mar 3, 2022, 2:03 am
Original Poster

Thanks SK and Craig,

Cheers,
Adrian
Old Jul 23, 2022, 6:52 am
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
there are no more J class tickets available to anywhere
Old Jul 23, 2022, 11:45 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, AA Exec Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, United 1K
Originally Posted by cln
I've literally just booked a TATL ticket for October in J
Old Jul 25, 2022, 2:00 am

Programs: QR Gold, WY Gold, TK Elite, EY Silver,
It may depends on routes, I can confirm that from CGK to Europe for next November J availability is now very limited, only few days per week and never on the shortest/convenient connection, always need to add a long layover in IST. Less that 3 months ago J was showing a much higher availability, economy too mostly sells Flexy fares only, 1500 USD and above, you could buy easily a J ticket until last March at same or even lower cost.
cln likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 6:26 am

Programs: TK EP, AF Platinum for life, something in Oneworld not worth to mention...
Originally Posted by cln
But for SIN, there is no need for VTL either...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.