Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bag Allowance for Star Gold

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2022, 5:27 pm
Original Poster

Bag Allowance for Star Gold

I have an upcoming flight from London to Taipei. The bag allowance is 30 kg shown on the ticket. I wonder if I get extra weight as Star Alliance Gold? I looked through the website and could only find the information for TK members only.

Thanks.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 10:23 pm

Programs: VA Platinum, SQ Gold, TK Gold, Hhonors Gold, Accor Plus Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Premium
Originally Posted by LMYRMQ622003250
I have an upcoming flight from London to Taipei. The bag allowance is 30 kg shown on the ticket. I wonder if I get extra weight as Star Alliance Gold? I looked through the website and could only find the information for TK members only.

Thanks.
Yes - you get an extra 20Kg.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 4:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

20kg when weight concept and 1 extra bag (23kg) when piece concept.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Someone has asked me this personally and could not give a definitive answer to them as I was unsure,

A friend ( partner *G ) is flying on a piece based concept business class ticket that comes with 3x32kgs of baggage, would the 4th piece would be 23kgs or 32kgs.
I personally never travelled with that much baggage at a single time.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 9:34 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Someone has asked me this personally and could not give a definitive answer to them as I was unsure,

A friend ( partner *G ) is flying on a piece based concept business class ticket that comes with 3x32kgs of baggage, would the 4th piece would be 23kgs or 32kgs.
I personally never travelled with that much baggage at a single time.
Is it on LOT (as LOT is the only airline I know with 3 x 32kg C-class allowance)?

If it is LOT the 4th piece maximum weight is 32kg.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by TPJ
Is it on LOT (as LOT is the only airline I know with 3 x 32kg C-class allowance)?

If it is LOT the 4th piece maximum weight is 32kg.
Wow, double checked the TK website and it looks like they have decreased regular Business allowance to 2 x 32kgs on that route.
Since I haven't flown paid TK J on a piece-concept route for at least 10 years, I never realized the decrease which might have even been taken in place a few years ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.