Wiki Posts
Search

Antigen Test at Airport Intl-Intl

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2021, 10:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mileage Plus, BA Executive Club, HH Diamond, A3 Gold, ALL Gold
Antigen Test at Airport Intl-Intl

Hi, I am aware that landside there are testing facilities.
I will be flying to Istanbul with a 14h overnight connection to Finland.
I will need a test to use in Finland so I can access some places, I considered taking the test upon arrival in Helsinki, however as I have a long time in IST, I thought I could take it there, but I have a few doubts:
1 - How much is an Antigen Test and how long would it take to get the result (I think as a foreigner I would need to get a paper copy at the counter)?
2 - As Turkey is recognized as a Third Country with reciprocity to EU Digital COVID Pass, would this test qualify as a valid one to be used to get into venues in Europe (such as by having a QR code)?
3 - Did anyone recently take the test? I would be there at 23rd by the evening or 24th early in the morning, any ideas about queues?
Take care everyone!
Old Dec 8, 2021, 3:06 am

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Originally Posted by BRflyer
Hi, I am aware that landside there are testing facilities.
I will be flying to Istanbul with a 14h overnight connection to Finland.
I will need a test to use in Finland so I can access some places, I considered taking the test upon arrival in Helsinki, however as I have a long time in IST, I thought I could take it there, but I have a few doubts:
1 - How much is an Antigen Test and how long would it take to get the result (I think as a foreigner I would need to get a paper copy at the counter)?
2 - As Turkey is recognized as a Third Country with reciprocity to EU Digital COVID Pass, would this test qualify as a valid one to be used to get into venues in Europe (such as by having a QR code)?
3 - Did anyone recently take the test? I would be there at 23rd by the evening or 24th early in the morning, any ideas about queues?
Take care everyone!
​​​​​
1)175TRL, fixed price at every three providers. 250TL for PCR test. One entry line. Got results in 20 minutes as advertised, PCR results should take two and half hours if I remember correctly.
2)Test does not have a QR code at least on antigen test printout, only stamp. To enter it depends of the facility if no QR code on test.
3) Did the test last Sunday before midnight, was only one there.
Edvard likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 5:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Just as a small additional info,
PCR turnaround times could be low as 60-90 minutes during peak hours.
Also, it's only PCR tests that have QR codes that are compatible to the EU Digital Covid pass as antigen tests could not be loaded into the e-nabız system.
FFlash likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 3:44 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, DL Diamond 2MM, PriorityPass, Hilton Honors Silver
URGENT: I am flying on TK IAD-IST-OUA on Jan 1. What is the latest time that I can get the RTPCR test if my flight is departing IAD at 10:25 pm on Jan 1, 2022?
Old Jan 1, 2022, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by spc354
URGENT: I am flying on TK IAD-IST-OUA on Jan 1. What is the latest time that I can get the RTPCR test if my flight is departing IAD at 10:25 pm on Jan 1, 2022?
You would need to check Burkina Faso's requirements for that.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 8:10 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, DL Diamond 2MM, PriorityPass, Hilton Honors Silver
Thanks. Burkina's requirement is 3-5 days. I was worried about getting on the flight from DC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.