Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

PCR time window when exiting IST during transit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2021, 1:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: QR Gold, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, GHA Titanium, Taj Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Gold Elite

I have a trip next week for SIN-IST-JFK, which includes a 13hr transit in Istanbul during which I was planning to exit the airport to see the city (after meeting all pre departure / post arrival testing requirements at IST of course).

The US has just announced that they will be tightening travel rules requiring all in-bound international passengers to test for Covid within 1 day of departure. If I leave the airport in Istanbul, will Turkish Airlines start counting the 1 day from time of departure to the US from Singapore or Istanbul? If I don’t leave the airport in Istanbul it will be Singapore, but if I do, then I’m not clear. Does anyone here know? I have also reached out to TK on this.

Thanks!
Old Dec 3, 2021, 4:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
It's one calendar day before you depart Singapore.
The fact that you exit the airport at Istanbul does not change the fact that you are just in transfer at Istanbul.

Worst case scenario, take an antigen test at the arrivals level at Istanbul where the turnaround time is 15-20 minutes and the cost is ₺175 ( about $13 ).
lifeonthego_k likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2021, 5:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: QR Gold, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, GHA Titanium, Taj Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
It's one calendar day before you depart Singapore.
The fact that you exit the airport at Istanbul does not change the fact that you are just in transfer at Istanbul.

Worst case scenario, take an antigen test at the arrivals level at Istanbul where the turnaround time is 15-20 minutes and the cost is ₺175 ( about $13 ).
Thanks - will do that!
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 6:30 am

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Originally Posted by lifeonthego_k
I have a trip next week for SIN-IST-JFK, which includes a 13hr transit in Istanbul during which I was planning to exit the airport to see the city (after meeting all pre departure / post arrival testing requirements at IST of course).

The US has just announced that they will be tightening travel rules requiring all in-bound international passengers to test for Covid within 1 day of departure. If I leave the airport in Istanbul, will Turkish Airlines start counting the 1 day from time of departure to the US from Singapore or Istanbul? If I don’t leave the airport in Istanbul it will be Singapore, but if I do, then I’m not clear. Does anyone here know? I have also reached out to TK on this.

Thanks!
Did the antigen test yesterday before heading to TK provided hotel. Result was ready exactly in 20 minutes, 175TRL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.