Wiki Posts
Search

Using a day 8 PCR with TK

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2021, 1:30 pm
Original Poster

Using a day 8 PCR with TK

Hi Guys,

Wondering if anyone has any experiance, my end destination requires a PCR test, I still have a day 8 (which is a day 2) from earlier in the summer. Has anyone any experiance using a day 2 test with TK. I know BA do not mind, below is a sample of my cert I recieved at the time.

Thanks in adavance

Old Nov 9, 2021, 4:21 am

Programs: M&S Elite+
Originally Posted by suley
Hi Guys,

Wondering if anyone has any experiance, my end destination requires a PCR test, I still have a day 8 (which is a day 2) from earlier in the summer. Has anyone any experiance using a day 2 test with TK. I know BA do not mind, below is a sample of my cert I recieved at the time.

Thanks in adavance

Airlines have become used to seeing certificates from all sorts of countries and in different formats. From what I can see your certificate has everything needed to be accepted. The fact that is a UK day 8 does not matter.
suley likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 12:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DaveS
Airlines have become used to seeing certificates from all sorts of countries and in different formats. From what I can see your certificate has everything needed to be accepted. The fact that is a UK day 8 does not matter.
Thank you, appreciate the feedback. Was starting to worry as I could not get any confirmation and think should I book a Collison just to be extra safe.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 11:35 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
I'm not TK nor do I have direct experience with the UK day 8 test, but this looks more or less exactly like any PCR report. The only thing that I find slightly bothering is that RT-PCR is written with very small letters. But it's there, so if the agent is thorough, they'll find it. I'd say you're good to go.
DaveS likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by suley
Hi Guys,

Thanks in adavance

As long as it shows the correct type of test, it'll be ok. Most can use use cheaper DIY lateral flow tests for 2 day test now. Those don't qualify. However if its PCR and notes PCR you'll be good.
DaveS likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2021, 12:26 pm
Original Poster

Just a follow up, so Thursday evening I went down to the 2030 lab as they allowed delivery right to the lab and it was a 20 min drive for me. Delivered test at 5:45, results back Friday 3pm, (lab promises results in 24 hours from reciept so good processing time). Arrived at checkin apox 10am for TK1980, was busy as usual. Was asked for the PCR, she had a quick read and just waved through, was a bit of a relief as I did have a backup PCR I had done the night before and the results came through just a few mins after check in!
DaveS and ffay005 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.