Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

TK actually made money in Q1 2021 (net profit - USD 61 mio)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TK actually made money in Q1 2021 (net profit - USD 61 mio)

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2021, 4:08 am
TPJ
Original Poster

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Cool TK actually made money in Q1 2021 (net profit - USD 61 mio)

"In this difficult time, Turkish Airlines managed to wrap up the first quarter of 2021 with $41 million real operating loss and $61 million net profit despite the effects of the crisis caused by COVID-19," the company said in a written statement.

Link: https://www.aa.com.tr/en/economy/tur...1-2021/2228969

Serving cold meals in paper boxes did not affected the bottom line in a negative way, after all But being serious - impressive results...

BTW - https://investor.turkishairlines.com...ion-1q21v4.pdf - official presentation
vincewy likes this.
Old May 6, 2021, 4:29 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by TPJ
Serving cold meals in paper boxes did not affected the bottom line in a negative way, after all
Well, how could it, really, when everyone else served nothing and flew nowhere. In that climate, of course it was a smart move to save as much on the soft product as possible, as there was very little competition.

I'm grateful to TK for connecting HEL to the world in a situation where AY, my home airline, has shaved down their operations so much that they've become almost useless, and there's no end in sight.
Old May 7, 2021, 4:53 am

Programs: milesandsmiles
Most of the profit comes from the cargo operations, so it is actually possible.
DaveS likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.