Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

TK6 and TK7 equipment in June and July (789 to 77W)?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2021, 5:06 pm
Original Poster

Hi All,

I'm looking to book IAD-IST-TLV, it appears that most (if not all) the flights in June and July were shifted from 789 to 77W with the 2-3-2 seating...
Do you know if this may change again back to 789? I'm trying to avoid the old business class but doesn't look like I have any better options as I'm using UA miles.

Thanks!
Old Apr 18, 2021, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by justsawaufo
Hi All,

I'm looking to book IAD-IST-TLV, it appears that most (if not all) the flights in June and July were shifted from 789 to 77W with the 2-3-2 seating...
Do you know if this may change again back to 789? I'm trying to avoid the old business class but doesn't look like I have any better options as I'm using UA miles.

Thanks!
Last minute changes are always possible with TK
Old May 1, 2021, 1:49 pm

Was disappointed to see that my upcoming award flight in June (TK5) booked through NH was also switched from the 789 to 77W. Hoping for another last minute change back.
Old May 29, 2021, 1:18 am

Yesterday, the 789 was scheduled for IST-IAD (TK7). Today it swapped to the 77W, unfortunately. J/C looks fairly full, unfortunately.
Old May 30, 2021, 7:11 am

I posted information in the catering threads re: the airport and meals. TK7 was about 75% full in J/C. I was fortunate in that I had 1K with no one next to me. Excellent service on the flight. Terrible cabin if you have to climb over someone. Bedding was available (and everyone was told to ask if they wanted assistance with preparing the bed). Downside is that cabin is locked down around 40 minutes out, i.e. headsets collected, FAs seated, etc., and continuous announcements; onboard entertainment is limited (not much new) - in fact my CAI-IST flight on the A321 had a better selection; and it was implied that I should limit my use of the overhead light.

I asked a question on *A re: priority baggage. Priority baggage was last on the carousel at IAD (cost at least 30 minutes). This is unlikely TK's fault.
Old May 30, 2021, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by lamphs
I asked a question on *A re: priority baggage. Priority baggage was last on the carousel at IAD (cost at least 30 minutes). This is unlikely TK's fault.
It's probably the fault of the outsourced ground handlers at IAD.
Just write this to TK through their website feedback form and they should be able to pass your complaint to the respective outstation.
lamphs likes this.
Old May 30, 2021, 7:38 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
It's probably the fault of the outsourced ground handlers at IAD.
Just write this to TK through their website feedback form and they should be able to pass your complaint to the respective outstation.
Not uncommon at IAD for *A international flights. Good idea and I will send feedback right now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.